Chapter Twenty-Nine: End This... Brother

Yellow! I'm happy to upload another chapter but... I can't get any pictures up! The new update for Wattpad makes it so that iPad users can't post pictures so I'm waiting for them to fix that so I can put up some more. But... For now.. Enjoy! :D
-Ravien

Chapter Twenty-Nine: End This

~
"I think, am sure, a brother's love exceeds all the world's loves in its unworldliness."
-Robert Browning

~
Mike
~

I paced in one of the rooms of the base. I was biting the sleeve of my jacket, trying to calm my anger.

"Mike," Kage says in his usual, stoic voice. "You need to calm down."

"Calm down!" I say through clenched teeth. "You're one to talk. When Melody was gone you and Danny turned into panicked squirrels on caffeine. You hid it better than Danny but you were the same! Then a man comes and shoots Mickey! I'm going to rip him apart!"

"Mike. You must calm down. We can't do anything right now," Joe says. "We need to make sure Mickey is... stable for now. We can't do anything rash. Melody is traumatized, Mickey is hurt. We can't have anymore unnecessary injuries happen while we have two people that need help."

"Melody will be fine. She has us, Danny.. Kage! Mickey's dream is gone! He wanted to be a professional runner! He'll never walk again!"

I passed more in the room and hit the wall.

"It's all my fault!" I yell. "I should've been the one to get shot! He was right next to me! Why him?! He's my younger brother!"

I started hitting the wall over and over again. Joe ran over and grabbed me. I tried to break out of his grasp but Joe was always the stronger one.

"Let me go!" I yell.

"You're hurting yourself, Mike," Joe explains as calmly as he can. "I don't want you to get hurt okay? You're bleeding."

I stop struggling and look at my hands. I've been hitting the wall so hard I made my hands bleed without even realizing it.

"I will go and get some bandages," Joe says, calmly.

Joe leave and Kage walks up to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Mike," Kage says, his eyes stern but caring. "You must remember; this is 2114. It's not 2014. There might be a way to beat Mickey's paralysis. Plus, we invented artificial intelligence when we are in high school. We will find a way."

He looks down.

"Remember Melody can't feel her left arm? How the doctors put a skeleton on it? They might be able to to the same thing for Mickey."

My eyes widen. Melody hasn't talked about her arm in a while. She always has her arms covered. Does it really work?

"D-Does it really work?" I ask.

"Melody told me it's been getting easier to move her arm and hand. She believes it is working."

Joe comes back in with some bandages. I nod to Kage.

"Alright," I say. "But I will get revenge for Mickey."

~
After Joe bandages my hands, he takes a seat next to Kage and they both face me.

"We need more information on that man first," Joe thinks, aloud.

"Who attacked you guys anyways?" Kage asks.

"A man in white," I mutter and I see Kage's eyes get wide.

He grabs his head and moans. He falls from the chair and grasps his chest, coughing.