Chapter Two: Kage

Hey! My first few chapters still might be boring but just hang in there. It'll get better.
~~
Chapter Two: Kage
~
Daniel
~
I lifted the girl out of her stasis pod and sat down on the ground with her in my arms. She wouldn't stop crying no matter how much I tried to comfort her.
"Eric," Izzy said. "The other pods. What is they have people in them too?"
Eric, Ty and Izzy went to open the other stasis pods while I tried to comfort the girl. She was still extremely cold and pale. She was also thin, unnaturally thin. Her sobs died down to whimpers and she looked up at me.
"It's going to be alright." I told her. "We're going to help you."
"Danny!" Izzy said. "The other pods have people in them."
"Get them out." I said, urgently.
"Robots." The girl finally said, weakly.
She had tilted her head back so she could see the robot that had led us down here.
"One of the robots led us down here." I explained. "It shut down soon after."
She looked back at me.
"2114." She said, sadly. "2114. 2114."
"That's the year." I said.
"One hundred years." She said, threatening to cry again.
She buried her face in my chest.
"One hundred." I heard her murmur.
"Danny," Izzy said, "there's a boy in this one."
I looked over to Izzy. She was at the table with the stasis pod behind the girl's. I remained on the ground but watched as Eric and Izzy pushed the lid off.
"I'll go and open another pod," Eric said, walking away.
~
Izzy
~
It was a shock when we found the girl but now there's a boy. He looks healthier than the girl currently in Danny's arms but he is pale. Not as pale but pale. He has raven hair and he's also in a black divers suit.
I stare at him before I finally reach down and lift up his head.
"Hey," I say gently. "Wake up."
The boy started coughing just like the girl did. He sat up when he started coughing though. His eyes were shut tight as he coughed.
"Hey," I said to him, "Are you alright?"
He opened his eyes and looked at me. He had grey eyes and he had a bored but interested and questioning expression. Sitting up in the pod on the table he was my height. He was pale but not as much as the girl. He was also a little stronger looking. He wasn't as thin as the other girl which probably explained why he was able to sit up.
"Where.... Whe.. When," He stuttered out.
"It's alright," I told him, "You're safe now. We have your friend with us and we are getting the others out. What's your name?"
He stared at me with unsure eyes.
"Kage," he said, slowly, "Where am I?"
"We're under an abandoned building right outside of Auto City," I explained.
"What is Auto City?" He questioned. "Who are you? Where is Melody?" He tried to get out of the pod but he was weak.
"Here," I said as I helped him get out, "let me help. My name is Isabelle but my friends call me Izzy. As for your friend, Melody, I don't know who she is. We do have another girl awakened besides you though." I pointed over to Danny and the girl.
He tried to stand as best he could. He's strong for just waking up.
"Heat," he said, "98 degrees." I heard a click and air started to come from the vents.
H looked over to Danny.
"Melody." He said as he tried to walk to Danny. He kept falling over himself so I helped him get there and sat him down next to Melody.
"Is this girl named Melody?" Danny asked.
Kage nodded.
"I'm Danny," Danny said.
"Kage." Kage replied.
"Could you tell us why you were in these pods?" I asked.
"We were running away." Kage stated plainly as he leaned against the table Melody was on.
"Uh guys?" Ty asked walking up to us.
"What is it Ty?" Danny asked.
"The other pods won't open. There seems to be a lock on them. Eric and I have tried opening all of them." He explained.
We all looked at Kage. He had his hand up to his chin.
"That must be why they called all of you." He thought aloud. "Our life supports were failing and unlocking."
"What does that mean?" Eric asked.
"I need to open the pods," Kage said as he tried to stand. Ty helped him up.
They slowly walked over to the nearest pod. Kage knelt down and ripped out a panel with the button that we used to unlock the other two pods. He then disconnected a few wires and the pod popped open. He stood up slowly and looked in the pod.
"Abi?" He said aloud. I looked in the pod.
It had a girl with silky black hair and pale skin and she was thin like Kage and Melody. She started coughing before she sat up a little. Ty placed his hand on her back.
"Abi," Kage said. "We're awake."
She stopped coughing and looked up. She had blue eyes.
"Ka... Kage?" She asked hoarsely.
Kage nodded.
Ty helped her out and brought her and Kage over to Danny while the rest of us opened the pods.
There were two more boys, twins actually. They both had dark brown hair and bright green eyes. Then there were three adults. Two woman and one man. They all looked to be around thirty to forty. One woman had blonde hair and the other had brown hair. The man had black hair. Lastly there were three other young adults all around eighteen to twenty. Two boys and a girl. One boy had brown shaggy hair and a rough, thin beard. The other boy had black, neat hair. The girl had red hair and light freckles. All of them were thin and pale.
They each woke up coughing except for the three adults which was strange. I was worrying and so were the others.
"Why aren't they waking up?" I asked, nervously standing and looking over the blonde woman.
"It's not right," Ty said. "Normally they should be waking up moments after they are released."
Danny, who had given Melody to Kage so he could help us open the pods, put his hand on each of their necks to check their pulse.
"They're all alive," he said.
"Could they have slipped into comas?" Eric asked.
"Most likely," Ty said. "However that's not good. They need a hospital."
"But how do we explain all this?" Eric asked gesturing to the whole room.
"We can move them somewhere and then contact the authorities," I suggested.
"That might work," Danny said turning the the awakened people.
"Kage," Danny said and Kage looked at him plainly. "Can you and some of your friends stand."
"We can try," he replied.
"Good," Danny said. "We'll help carry the others. There's an empty beach near the other side of this building. If we can get there we can pretend we found you at the beach. Then I it'll be less suspicious."
Kage nodded in understanding.
Danny walked over and Kage handed Melody over as he slowly stood up. The other pale friends of his followed.
"You... you're sure this'll work?" One of the twins asked, quietly.
Danny nodded as he turned to us with a serious expression.
"Izzy," he said handing Melody over to me. "Be gentle."
"I know," I replied.
"Ty, Eric," Danny said facing them. "We'll take the adults."
"Right," they both replied.
Ty took the blonde haired woman, Danny took the brown haired woman and Eric, the strongest of them, took the man.
We all turned to face the others who were helping each other stand.
"There's a ladder going up top," Danny explained, with the lady on his back. "You'll have to help each other get up. I'll help guide you to the beach from there."
"Before we go," the red head said. "What year are we in?"
They all looked at us with curiosity.
"2114," I said. "The 22nd century."
They all looked in shock. Danny started walking to the ladder.
"Melody did the same thing," Danny said as he headed for the ladder. "She also cried. Focus on the shock after we get you help."
Danny started slowly going up the ladder, followed by the others. Before I started going up Kage walked beside me.
"Thank you," he said plainly with a bored expression.
"No problem," I replied with a smile.