Chapter Thirty: No Deal

Yay! The new update lets me post pics again! So happy! So from left to right: Mike, Mickey, Ty. Sorry I haven't updated sooner. I've been busy and then lazy. He he... Enjoy!"
-Ravien

Chapter Thirty: No Deal

~
"You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That's part of it."
-Denzel Washington

~
Melody
~

I walked with Danny down the street on our way to a park. We both needed some fresh air but I'm too nervous to go alone after Reed. Kage and Mike are not allowed outside of the base by orders of Joe after they fought Markman. I can't believe they managed to defeat him. It didn't seem real.

The wind picked up as we walked and I inched closer to Danny. I watched his feet, step by step. His body was moving. He was alive. He is alive.

"Why am I so paranoid that he is somehow dead?" I thought, looking up at him. "He's right next to me. Reed lied. Of course he would lie but why am I so scared?"

"Is everything alright?" Danny asks and I realize I'm staring up at him.

I look ahead again and nod my head.

"Fine," I answer. "I'm just... There's been a lot going on... Ever since we woke up."

"Yeah.." Danny mutters. "I always forget that you came from the past... 2014."

He looks at me and smiles.

"I feel like I've known you for longer than a few months," Danny says. "Despite all the sadness... having all of you around.... It's made life better."

I stop walking and look up at him. He stops and looks around.

"D-Did I say something wrong?" he stutters, nervously.

"No, no," I say, waving my hands. "It's... It's been the same for me."

He looks shocked but then smiles. We continue walking.

~
Once we are at the park we walk around for a bit. I pick some bright, blue flowers I found and twirl them in my hand as we walk. We discuss random things, movies, music, books, TV and other random topics. It felt like we were normal. No fighting, no pain, no stress.

"Oh!" Danny says, probably starting another topic. "The end of the year for school is coming up!"

"Already?" I ask. "It feels like we haven't been in that long."

"Well, with everything that has happened school has been shut a lot this year. School ends in a few months but they are planning an end of the year talent show. I was wondering if you wanted to do something with me."

"Like what?" I ask.

He rubs the back of his head.

"Still working on that," he chuckles and I smile.

"Sure," I answer.

"Oh, that sounds like fun," a female voice says and we both turn around.

A lady in all pink walks up to us. I hate pink.

"Nice to see the both of you again," she says.

My eyes widen and I drop the few flowers I had in my hands. I grab Danny's sleeve and inch behind him. I remember her. Not as clearly as Reed or Markman but I remember.

"Y-You work with Reed," I whisper and I can see Danny visibly tense.

He extends his hand back to me and I cling to it as if it will keep me afloat at sea.