Chapter Six: Glitch

Sorry about the short chapter. My stuff has been glitching and freezing lately. Ironic for the title of this chapter. Just finished my finals for school as well. So glad that's over with. I'll be making longer chapters so enjoy!
~Ravien

Chapter Six: Glitch
"Protect the children because they-- and the robots-- are the future."
-Adam Carolla
~
Melody
~
I heard on the news that Kage had gone and saved a girl from a burning building the other day. He hasn't come to visit yet but he has called. He said that I'm going to love staying at the Gazer's house. He says he going to work on Glitch. I can't wait to see Glitch again. Maybe Tinker and Bugs will come back as well.
I sigh.
"Why did this have to happen?" I ask myself as I look at my left arm. "I still can't feel you. The doctors say it's.... nerve damage or something."
Abi's parents along with Mickey and Mike's mom are still in a coma. Ashley, Joe and Adam are getting better. Abi and the twins might get released soon. The doctors are still interested in my burns. They say that it's weird how they are like scratch marks. I don't get what's so weird.
The doctors also say that they can put my left arm in a "robotic skeleton" which allows me to move my arm even without feeling it. Kinda cool.
I look at the hospital TV screen in front of me. Izzy stops by and says that the real TVs are projectors, kind of like the ones we fantasied about in the twenty first century.
"I hope Kage visits soon," I thought.
~
Danny
~
After the fire incident Kage and I had made plans to go back to where I found him but my mom wanted me to show Kage around town more. It's been two days and I finally managed to get Kage back to where we had first found them.
We walked down the ladder and into the room with the stasis pods.
"So..." I ask as I look around the room. "Why are we here?"
I could look around the room and study it more. There were broken down robots at the back wall. About five of them. There was also another door to my right. The stasis pods were in the center of the now brightly lit room and there were shelves on either wall, filled with boxes. The robots were each in a little pod themselves but sitting upright.
"I'm here to fix someone," Kage replies as he pulls a box from the shelf. "Glitch."
"Glitch?" I ask and Kage nods, opening the box.
He pulls out several tools and heads over to one of the robots. The robots was a little rusty but otherwise in pretty good shape. It didn't have skin like our robots and it didn't look like the robots without skin. Your could see all its bolts and wires. It was mainly black with some grey on it. It was the robot that glitched out when we first found Kage and the others.
"Looks like Batman's robot," I say walking over to Kage and the robot.
"You people know Batman?" Kage asks, slightly surprised.
"He's a really old comic book superhero," I say. "There were a lot of remakes of him but he' still super popular along with the other DC and Marvel characters."
He gives a slight smile as he removes a chest plate from the robot.
"So this is Glitch?" I ask and Kage nods. "Why the name?"
"He was our very first robot prototype," Kage explains. "He glitches a lot. Why not Glitch? Melody named him."
He started working on Glitch for a while while I looked around and gave Kage stuff when he needed it.
"Danny," Kage says and turns around. "I heard in the news about this place called R.E.D. What is it?"
I look at him. Stoic but curious and he turns back around.
"You mean Robotic Engineering and Design? It's a company also known as R.E.D. for short. The best in the world. They build robots and teach people how to repair and make them. My mom works for one of their robotic hospitals. Why do you ask?"
"Who founded it?" He asks as he stand up and grabs some more cords.
"I need to look it up but it was around the year 2016. Why?"
"Just curious," he says, stoically.
"Why is he so curious?" I thought.
Kage lifted part of the armor on the shoulder of the robot and flipped a switch. The robot made beeping noises and a few crackles until it's eyes flickered on.
"Ka... Ka... Kage... K-Kage..." The robot said as its head moved to look at Kage.
"Good morning, Glitch," Kage greeted the twitching robot.
"Kage..." the robot said again. "W-Where are the o-others?"
"Recovering in a nearby hospital," Kage answered.
"Who is.. is this?" Glitch asked and lifted his hand and pointed at me. "H-He is familiar."
"You were the one to guide him down here from what Izzy has told me. This guy is Danny. His friends Eric, Izzy and Ty found us and woke us up."
"You were all...." Glitch said. "You're pods were... were failing."
Kage's eyes widened slightly.
"Thanks, Glitch," Kage said, plainly as he helped the prototype stand. "Can you help me?"
"Of c-course," Glitch relied.
"I want you to start fixing the others," Kage instructed. "We want to surprise the others."
"Okay," Glitch answered.
Kage turned to me.
"Let's go visit Melody," he said and I nodded happily.
"K-Kage?" Glitch asked before we left.
"What is it?" Kage asked.
"An or-organization..." Glitch started. "Has my.. my blueprints and.... t-they changed them..."
Kage looked down in thought.
"We'll worry about that later," he relied and Glitch nodded. "Fix the others first."
Once we were out and walking to the hospital Kage turned to me.
"We need more info on R.E.D," he said.