Chapter Nineteen: Argument

Yellow my friends! I've been talking with some people and there is some confusion with how Kage's name is pronounced. It isn't Cage like when you are trapped. It sound like this (k= sound the c makes in "cat", a makes the "awe" sound, the g is like the g in "great", and the e makes the "a" sound) Kage. It's Japanese for those of you that don't know. Also, I will tell you the song that was suppose to play on Wattpad up top at the end of the chapter. It's a really good song. I love it! Anyways, hope that clears things up and Enjoy!
-Ravien

Chapter Nineteen: Argument
~

"I guess it felt a little bit better when we were still arguing because in the words I could hear love someone still cared."
-Unknown
"I hate arguing with someone I really care about."
-Unknown

~
Danny
~

The group has been getting packed the last week since Melody announced the trip. We'll be leaving in two days. I kept thinking back. Revenge. Everyone wants revenge on something. Everyone but... I don't think this is the right way to get Reed back. It's an old quote but it went something like, "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves," by Confucius. I can't help but think there will be consequences.

Joe continues to visit Kage. Melody has gone the past two days as well. Melody always looks sad whenever she comes back from the hospital. She goes into her room and begins cooing a toon. I hear it throughout the house and when I'm outside. It sound so sad but at peace. Then it becomes painful and then happy. She told it has lyrics but she doesn't want to sing them yet. She has a beautiful voice.

It's been two days since the announcement and school is becoming busy. It's almost Christmas. Everyone seems to be planning and here I am, debating over revenge. I need to tell Melody.

After school one day, Melody and I were walking home when I decided to ask her about the revenge she wants.

"Melody," I say, nervousness evident in my tone. "How do you want to carry out your revenge on Reed?"

"What do you mean by how?" Melody questions.

"How do you want to deal with him? When we catch him?"

"I want him to die," Melody said, her fists clenching. "I want him to pay for what he's done. For what he did to Kage!"

"But...." A lump forms in my throat. "Killing him? That won't solve anything."

"Yes it will!" Melody says, anger in her voice.

I need to be calm. Melody doesn't think clearly when it comes to her loved ones. I can say the same for me but we need to be rational.

"Melody, we need to be rational thinkers here. Killing him is murder. Superheroes don't murder."

"I don't care if it's murder! All I know is that he nearly killed me! He turned my mother into an alcoholic and he put my brother into a coma! I want him to die!"

"Killing isn't the option! You can't kill to get rid of the problem! You'll only add more! Death is not a solution to this! Send him to a prison. Show him you defeated him! Let him feel the shame! Something! Don't kill him."

"Why shouldn't I?! He doesn't even deserve a prison. It's too good for him. He doesn't deserve life!"

"Everyone deserves life! Think about your friends, Melody. Your family! Your brother! How would this affect them? Me? Melody, revenge is a two way street with only one end. The cost of more than getting satisfaction. You, myself, our friends and family could end up hurt. You don't need to kill to get revenge."

"This is the only way, Danny! I don't care if I get hurt as long as he dies! I thought you agreed to the mission! The training camp? What happened? This is my choice, Danny. I made this choice, not you."