Chapter Thirty-One: Live On... For Me

Yellow, yellow, yellow! Hehehe~ sorry it's been a while. I was trying to make this chapter really long. I think I did pretty good. Anyways, this is the second to last chapter of the book. So sad I know. I've loved writing this story but who knows! Maybe something interesting will happen for a sequel? Hehehe~ enjoy this chapter everyone!
-Ravien

Chapter Thirty-One: Live on... For Me

~
"He Is Not Dead

I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead. He is just away.
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,
He has wandered into an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
It needs must be, since he lingers there.
And you-oh you, who the wildest yearn
For an old-time step, and the glad return,
Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of There as the love of Here.
Think of him still as the same. I say,
He is not dead-he is just away."
-James Whitcomb Riley

~
Joe
~

I sat on a chair in a back room of the base giving the robots another check up.

"I-Is something w-wrong?" Glitch asks while I put my tools away.

"Nothing, Glitch," I mutter.

"Something is wrong," Bugs says.

"We can think," Shocker says.

"I know," I say with a sigh. "Listen. No matter what happens you must protect the others. No matter what."

~
Danny
~

"Mom?!" I call as I walk into my house. "Are you home?"

I had gotten a text from my mother. She's suppose to still be out at a Robotic Doctor Convention. She wasn't suppose to be home until a few days before school got out but she said she was home in the text. She wanted me to come over quickly.

"Mom?!" I call as I head over to her room. "Mom?! Are you here? I got your text!"

I suddenly feel a presence behind me and turn around. It wasn't my mother.

"Hello, Daniel," Reed says.

I saw the lady in pink from the park behind him, a smirk on her face.

"R-Reed?" I stutter, backing up.

"What's the matter Daniel?" Reed asks, walking towards me as I continue to move away. "A father can't see the family who has been taking care of his children."

Anger started to boil inside me but I continued to back away.

"You're not a father," I growl. "Father's don't imprison their daughters and try to kill their sons."

Reed's face hardened.

"A father doesn't leave his wife and child alone now does he?" Reed asks and my eyes widen.

"My father cares for me," I argue.

"Then where is he Daniel?" Reed asks, looking around. "I don't see him. How does your mother feel about that? How do you feel Daniel?"

My back hit the wall.

"No one to teach you how to grow to become a strong young man. My son has... What's his name? Joseph, I believe. You.... You don't have a father to teach you Daniel. No one to teach you how to protect your family or the ones you care about. No one to teach you how to protect Melody."

I grit my teeth. Reed lets out a sickening laugh and he glares at me.

"You're coming with me, boy," Reed says, grabbing my arm.