Burden

I had covered my mouth as Fi spoke her first words to me.

We had spoken a little before, but it was never anything like this. In this moment, I felt a rush of emotion.

"I am glad to see you have recovered some of your memories." Fi said in her whimsical way of speaking.

She was still holding her bow to me, and I admired her for what felt like the first time. Of course, I thought she was beautiful when I first met her. Although, in this moment, it felt like I was truly admiring her.

Her crystal-like blue skin with this look of youth on her face was impossible not to be amazed by. She was truly a sight to behold. Then her blue and purple garb made flashes of Link's sword appear into my head. The flashes didn't exactly look like Link's sword instead they were of a blade that was far longer with a bluish-purple handle with green vines wrapping up the handle.

"Fi?"

I hesitantly moved closer and put a hand on her face once she stood. The surface of her face felt as I thought it would. It was smooth and cool.

"My lady, perhaps we may speak in private."

"Oh," I say taken aback for a second.

I looked to the old lady and Link, and they both told me to go. I could see the confusion in Link's eyes but one look at the old lady told me this is exactly what I was supposed to do.

So, Fi and I exited the temple.

I blindly followed her levitating figure. So many emotions and memories were boiling at my surface. I couldn't see anything; it was like all of them were at the tip of my tongue waiting to be unlocked.

"I can sense you have not fully restored your memories, my lady."

"I haven't... but I remember making you."

"As do I. They are among my fondest of memories."

"Why didn't you say anything to me earlier?"

"Because you wouldn't have believed me. As my creator, you made sure I would not reveal anything that you were not ready to possess yet. That is the same reason why you cannot tell Master Link of any more of your memories until he is ready."

"I... What?"

"You cannot relay any more information to my master concerning yourself, honorable Zelda, or his destiny. Both Goddess Hylia and you were clear when instructing me of my duties. Time is a sensitive construct and breaking the balance is a dangerous thing such is why I could not reveal myself to you before your time."

"But what about Link? He'll know something is up and I'm not telling him something."

"That is why your paths must diverge."

"But I just found you guys again. I-I can't lose you."

"My lady, we will meet again before you know it. As others have told you countless times, you have a path you must follow as do I and Master Link. I can see it in your eyes, you are piecing everything together. It will only be a matter of times before all is clear."

She began to float back to the temple before I blurted out some words.

"I'm sorry Fi!"