Crystal

"Where will you go now?"

I took a deep breath and took in my surroundings. The warm breeze that blew past me and Faron as we watched Link descend the staircase beyond the koi fish's mouth. I let the sun's rays envelop me and I let the water that pooled up to my knees keep me at peace for the moment.

It could be because I was the sun goddess reborn, but warmth always was soothing to me. I felt at peace when I was like this. Perhaps that is why I spent so much time in Eldin's domain.

Only the sound of the waterfall and the swishing of the water around us could be heard.

My eyes were closed but I could feel Faron's gaze on me.

"To unlock my powers."

"Try not to fall for the demon's tricks for once." Faron snarked, then before I could leave her in the dust as I hurried back to Faron Woods, she added. "Take care. It's easy to get lost in memories and forget to live."

"Thanks," I said my guard falling down for a second.

Maybe just maybe, Faron wasn't that bad. Afterall, all she told me were things that I refused to acknowledge. Although does that make up for everything else?

That was the same trap I found myself in with Hylia and Ghirahim.

I believed in the best of the both of them only to be hurt or let down. Erebus was right. I always went back to Hylia even after every little fight and threat. I did the same with Ghirahim too.

He always said my fatal flaw was my loyalty. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"What are you doing here, dearie?"

"Unlock my powers." I answered the old lady.

Her eyes widened and she clasped her hands together. It was the moment of truth now. I had to be all in or not at all now.

Demise's seal had already been broken and I knew it would not be long before he broke out again. I had to do this.

The old lady opened the massive doors behind her to expose the giant amber crystal that levitated at the center of the room. Vines were overgrown, completely wrapped around the crystal along with the stone columns.

I felt chills seeing Zelda encompassed in the crystal.

That would be me for a little while. It would have to be.

A part of me felt a little anxious. I mean, how could I not be? I was about to seal myself to help keep Demise from returning until Link could force him back into his seal. Even now, I could feel Demise rising back to the surface.

Then another part of me was nervous because I knew that Ghirahim could see me. He would know where Zelda was. However, the crystal she was in was unbreakable not even the gods themselves could sever it.

"Dearie?"

"I-I think I need a moment." I said rushing out of the temple.

I sat on the edge of the cliff overlooking the deep downward-spiraling pit. I wanted—no I needed—to see Ghirahim before I committed to this act.

Sealing myself would not only unlock my memories but also my powers and I knew I could never look at Ghirahim the same way after I did. Or at least, I didn't think I would be able to.