Chapter 12: Reclamation (Version 1.5)

12/31/2560: 30 minutes to New Years and 8 years of remembrance of the Human/Covenant War.

....................

....................

.................

Location: UNSC Headquarters and Military Academy – Sydney, Australia (Earth).

.....................

.....................

.....................

Agent-001 takes a seat across from two naval officers, one older male and one female in her mid-thirties with an interview drone and tablet in hand. Preparing an interview at a lounge area of the military installation. During a celebration of the New Years, with UNSC marines and personnel having fun in the background.

"Admiral, Captain. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to do this important interview." The agent greeted respectfully with a salute.

"You're very welcome......Ready when you are agent." The Admiral replied.

"Alright...... interview footage is , and I've briefed you on the matter beforehand.........Ready Admiral and Captain Keyes?" The Agent asked in a polite tone, and they nodded. "Alrighty then. State your names and titles for the record. Want to make sure the top brass at ONI is satisfied.

The male naval officer started first. "Understood.......My name is Admiral Jacob Keyes, I helm the Supercarrier Battleship known as the UNSC Excalibur." The female naval officer soon followed. "I am Captain Miranda Keyes and I command the sister ship of the UNSC Infinity known as the UNSC Eternity."

The agent took record of their names and titles and continued on with the first question. "How do you feel knowing that a being of unknown power and capabilities that is the Forerunner known as the Architect, safeguarding humanity against any external threats in the Galaxy?"

"Where to begin......To be frank, I was both fascinated and terrified, agent. When I still commanded the Pillar of Autumn 8 years ago and came across the Forerunner after Master Chief and Colonel Serenity McKnight (Who was a Lieutenant at the time), I didn't know what we were dealing with. That is until the Architect protected Alpha Base and the remaining 312 of my crew and personnel from the Covenant." Admiral Keyes replied with his honest answer, still grasping the encounter to this day.

"Like my father, I too was terrified back when they first arrived at Earth with the Pillar of Autumn and captured Covenant Cruiser. With the Forerunner showing up out of nowhere when we were defending Cairo Station as this floating robot calling itself Guilty Spark 343 shouted 'My master has arrived.......please refrain from shooting at his fleet and Guardian'. It was a sight to behold even after they routed the Covenant away from the other stations."

The interview continued as the New Years party still went on strong.

...................

................

...................

The stress was high, and the huge group of people came all this way for sanctuary on from the lingering dangers of the Covenant. From the perspective of the huge group of people it has been an hour, and they were waiting to hear from the two squads of marines and ODST's that were sent into the base.