Chapter 7

***Jasmine's POV:***
What does Lucas have to do with that creep? It just doesn't make sense!

Maybe the creep is actually mentally retarded. Oh well, who knows.

Okay, so now I'm not so hungry anymore. Scarlett's at her grandmother's. I'm not gonna even bring up Lucas. I mean it was just a one time thing.

I decide to head to the library. I'll read a little, and pass some time. Reading will also help clear my mind a little.

The library's empty,except for the librarian and a friend of hers talking about something which seems interesting to them. Ducks. I overheard them talking about well...ducks.

Anyway, I make my way to the farthest table to the right, my spot. Call me crazy, but I can't sit anywhere else in this library and feel comfortable, unless its the farthest table to the right.

I grab a book that talks about Greek myths. I've always been intrigued by Greek myths, there's just something about them.

My favorite is the legend of the Minotaur and the palace of Knossos. It was a story about King Minos of Crete, whose son was killed by the king of the Greek city of Athens.

In revenge, the king captured Athens, and ordered that seven boys and seven girls be sent to Crete every nine years. When they arrived, these prisoners were driven into a labyrinth, or underground maze, from which they could not escape and where they were eaten by a terrible monster called the Minotaur- a man with the head of a bull.

Theseus, son of a later Athenian king, volunteered to go as one of the prisoners and kill the Minotaur. His father, King Aegeus, anxiously agreed, but begged his son to make sure, if he was successful, to hoist white sail on his return voyage as a sign of his safety.

When Theseus arrived in Crete, the king's daughter, Ariadne, fell in love with him. In defiance of her father Minos, she secretly gave Theseus a sword and a ball of string. Prepared in this way, he entered the labyrinth, laying the string behind him as he wandered through its disorienting tunnels.

Meeting the Minotaur, he killed it with the sword before retracing his steps to the entrance using the string. Then he fled with Ariadne, but on his return journey the hero forgot to raise the white sails as he had promised.

Waiting anxiously and keeping watch from the cliffs, king Aegeus saw the returning ship with black sails and believed his son was dead. Grief-stricken, he threw himself into the sea-which is still called the Aegean Sea today in his memory.

Wow, yes I know! It's really kind of tragic but reckless at the same time, I don't really know what to call it.

My history lesson was interrupted when someone approaches me. A woman. Well, a young one. She's dressed in black pants and a black blazer.

All black, like my soul! I'm just kidding, never mind.

She was like 21 maybe? 23 years old maximum.

"Oh I know that one, its the one where love ruined everything." She said as she stood over me.

"Yeah, it is." I finally found someone who agreed with me on the idea of this myth.

"I'm Rosie." She said with a sweet smile.

"Jasmine." I said hoping that my cold tone from earlier has become a little sweeter.

Who knew the library was a way to meet new, non-creepy, people. She gave me her number, and I got hers, and promised we'd stay in touch.

By now, it was really dark outside, and getting darker.