Chapter 19

***Jasmine's Pov:***
***Recap:***
I hear Asher talking on the phone with...obviously someone I don't really know.

"Yeah. That's her. I'm telling you, I've known her since middle school...." Asher continues," I'll lure her there, right to you..."

That's when Asher turns...finding me.

Being the klutz I am, I stumble and fall on my back as a whole shelf of books collapses because of me.

Awesome! Way to go Jasmine!

Asher scurries to help me as he extends his hand for me to take it.

"Ah, no thanks!" I say as cold as ice.

"Umm okay." He continues," you alright?" a flash of "concern" dances in his eyes.

I never knew he was such a good actor! Yet again how could I he barely showed up to any of his classes in middle school.

Yeah I know, rebel from the very start.

"Better than ever," I say as I stare him down with a glare.

Okay, so logically I would ask him who he was talking to and bla bla bla. But that's not the Jasmine way.

I just head back to the table I was sitting on, while I keep a mental note to search every single place his feet stepped on. Every single person he spoke to, and I don't care if I have to search through his boxers to find something...I will!

"Okay so you wanna plan how we're gonna take him down?" He says as if nothing happened back there.

Asher continues," Can you please stop giving me the cold shoulder? What did I do?"

I give him the are-you-freaking-joking-with-me-you-donut-swallowing-tree-trimming-deer-chasing-santa-clause-look-alike look.

"Okay, so I might've maybe bullied you and Scarlett a long time ago," I quirk my eyebrow at long since it wasn't that long ago." And I'm sorry I did that, I was just a kid."

He really doesn't know I overheard his conversation earlier does he?

Well who said he's the only one who's a good actor?

"You really mean that?" I say attempting to sound sweet and innocent.

He's not buying it.

I quickly flutter my eyelashes, and twirl my hair.

A smirk dances at the corner of his lips.

Ah, much better.

He pushes his chair closer to me, and tries to cover it up with opening the folder on the table.

Okay...that wasn't weird at all!

There's a kidnapper on the loose, he's been causing a alot of trouble, and the case has been transferred to us since things are getting out of hand. Our mission goal is simple...catch him.

But see, this one's a smart-ass. No prints left behind, he's fast...one second he kidnaps the other the victim's in his possession, the third is news he has killed the victim.

He's as cautious as a deer in hunting season.

Last victim was killed a few days ago. A blonde 21 year old. A few weeks before, also a 21 year old. Same as the victim before...21 year old. And all girls.

I'm thinking that technically the chances of the kidnapper being a male are up way too high.

How we're gonna find the kidnapper...we don't know. All we have about this is that he has a dark-color unidentified specifically- Jeep.