Chapter 12

"I thought you said this was an apartment Ri? It's an actual house and an extremely fucking large one at that" I gaped at him, as he walked slightly in front of my pulling me behind him, as I looked around in awe. This place is fucking huge.

"Well, yeah, it kind of has to be a large space with all eight of us boys living here and some of the staff. The staff have the downstairs rooms and there's a workout room and dance studio down there that we use. But apart from that, the boys and I have the upper floor to ourselves, so we call it our apartment" Ri explained, pushing the huge front door I'd just come through closed behind me. "Come on, I'll give you a little tour before we get some food" he said, putting his arm over my shoulder and ushering me along the hallway. The decor was modern and stylish, yet simple at the same time.

The hallway opened out into a vast seating area, with a massive U-Shaped sofa as the main feature of the space. There were a few bean bags dotted around the coffee table in front of the sofa. Anime and comics were scattered on the table, along with various different gaming controllers. There was a stack of Uno cards spread out on one of the sofa cushions, as if someone had forgotten to put them away. It looked like the boys spent a lot of time in this room together.

Ri followed my gaze towards the sofa. "Sorry about the mess. I came up earlier to kick the boys out and Caleb and Nate were in the middle of a rather heated game. Nate was losing again, trying to convince everyone that Caleb was cheating somehow, but he's just really bad at the game, though he'll never admit to it" he laughed. "He usually plays with Noah, but he was still at the studio working on some editing. He said he'd meet them later at the bowling alley." Ri went around to the sofa, picking up the cards and placing them onto the table, also tidying up the stack of comics whilst he was at it. He looked up at me and smiled as he said "sorry, we weren't expecting guests this evening. It's usually chaos around here, what with all of us being in the same space. This is actually pretty tidy for us."

I turned and looked over at the kitchen at the end of the open plan room. A huge kitchen island dominated the majority of the space in the kitchen, yet it still wasn't exactly a small kitchen. Six stools sat around the counter island from what I could see from here, but if they all ate together here there was probably more. Though you could still sit at the counter island and still have a perfectly good view of the massive tv on the wall in the living room. This looked like a great space for them all to hang out, eat and relax together.

"We'll come back to the kitchen shortly. Let me show you the best part of the place" Ri said, winking at me before grabbing my hand again and tugging me in the direction of another hallway leading off from the living room.

"This is where all the bedrooms are and there's a stairway at the end that leads up from the parking garage where we were earlier, in case you don't want to take the elevator. Though it's more commonly used for sneaking in after curfew or when we sneak out to go hunting for late night treats. Noah usually comes in that way when he gets home from the studio at all hours of the morning. He doesn't like using the elevator, in case the noise wakes us up. Though there's usually enough noise in this place that no one would even notice to be honest " Ri explained.

"Wait, you have a curfew?" I asked, trying to stifle a laugh, finding it slightly hilarious that eight grown men had to be home by a certain time.

"Only when we have a schedule to stick to, like for promotions and events etc. The staff like to know that we are all safely in one place, not running around town into the early hours, especially when we have to be up early for travel or shoots. Though just because we are all up here, doesn't mean we all behave. We're always getting in trouble from the staff downstairs for making too much noise into the early hours of the morning and there's lots of gaming and movie nights that have a tendency of running late into the night" he explained.