Chapter 25

It was decided on the way home that we would spend the afternoon watching movies in Ri's room, hiding away from the rest of the guys. Dex had invited himself along as well, saying that we still owed him, as we didn't actually end up buying him cheesecake as promised. It turned out that his smooth talking ways hadn't only earnt him a date with Nari, but we'd also gotten our cheesecake and drinks for free too. Which according to him, meant that we still owed him cheesecake and also had to shield him from Noahs wrath for the rest of the day.

Personally, I didn't mind so much, as I liked spending time with him. And I knew how close Dex and Ri were, so I didn't want them missing out on their time together because of me. After all, they'd known each other much longer than either of them had known me. And if he meant so much to Ri, it was only fair that I try to get along with him.

Dex had insisted that we stock up on drinks and snacks for movie time, so Ri had driven to a store to get supplies.

"You guys stay here and I'll go and get us some goodies" Ri said, unfastening his seatbelt, turning to look at Dex in the backseat. "And before you say anything, no Dex, you are staying here with Lex. I don't want to spend hours in the store whilst you look at every single item in there. And no, you're also not going in there by yourself, because I don't trust you not to buy every sugary thing you can find. I am not dealing with hyper Dex today. As a compromise, I will pay for whatever you want, within reason, so tell me now what you want and I'll see what they have, okay?"

I couldn't help but smile at Dex as he pouted like a scorned child. Surprisingly though, he didn't protest and gave Ri the list of items he wanted.

"Lex, is there anything you want me to get for you? You can have whatever you want" Ri asked, winking at me.

"Ugh guys, stop. I don't need to see more of this from you two. Don't you think I've seen enough in the last twenty four hours already?" Dex whined from the backseat.

"You chose to join us today Dex, so shut up and deal with it. Lex, what would you like?" Ri said.

"Anything you like. Surprise me" I replied, winking back at him.

He smiled at me, then planted a quick kiss on my cheek before getting out of the car and heading into the store, leaving me in the car with Dex.

Ri had barely stepped foot into the store before Dex began his questioning. "So Lexi, now that we are finally alone and away from the pain in the ass that is Ri, tell me everything" he asked, leaning forward with his hand on his knees and his hands cupping his face.

I laughed at the goofy look on his face. "First off, please call me Lex. Second, everything? That's a lot of things to talk about in such a short space of time. What is it you want to ask the most, Dex? I sense you have a few burning questions you are just dying to ask me, so go ahead and I'll decide if I want to answer them or not." I was both intrigued and slightly terrified by what he was going to throw my way.

"Wow, that's very trusting of you Lex. The things I could ask.... But I probably shouldn't, or else Ri would beat my ass. I'd really like to get to know you more, but we won't have the time for that properly before he comes back, but we'll have a proper chat soon I hope. So I guess what I'd like to know right now is what the hell has been happening between you two in that bloody coffee shop for the last four weeks?" he queried.

"What do you mean? I thought he would have told you everything already?" I retorted. Is he just getting me to tell it from my side, or does he really not know?

"I know that he has been an absolute pain in the ass the last couple of weeks, more so than usual. He's been acting differently, disappearing for hours on end and then coming home either agitated or grinning like a cat. He did mention earlier that before this weekend, you believed he hated you, but he didn't tell me more than that. So maybe you can tell me what he's been doing to make you think that?" he pried.