꒰ 010 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: ten
♡ ﹙ baseball game﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

Carlisle knew he was breaking a million rules by dating Lydia. He knew he was putting her in danger and that he should have pushed her away from the moment he felt attracted to her.

But why? He had lived long enough to know he was in love, and why give up that feeling? He also wanted to be happy, he wanted to be selfish for a moment and take what he wanted. He loved Lydia and would never hurt her; he would protect her with his own life if necessary.

He just wanted to love and be loved.

Obviously, he also loved his family and didn't want to put them at risk, but most of them had agreed to Carlisle's relationship, even Rosalie, which was not normal.

He just wanted to enjoy that while he could.

When Saturday came, Lydia woke up quite early. She had slept wonderfully after a heavy shift at the hospital and was excited about the game that afternoon. Carlisle had reminded her the night before with some enthusiasm.

She opened her half-empty wardrobe, remembering that she had barely packed a couple of suitcases with her clothes and since she lived at the hospital, she didn't have much to choose from. For months, she had been telling herself she would go shopping in Seattle, but for one reason or another, she hadn't done it.

She also remembered that most of her clothes were dirty; she hadn't washed anything in a good two weeks, and now she hated herself and her laziness.

She searched for something decent; after all, it wasn't just a game. She was going to officially meet Carlisle's family, and although she never cared about pleasing people, it was different now. She wanted to please them. At least she already knew Esme and Emmett, and as far as she knew, they didn't hate her.

She then found some black leggings that were fleecy inside, paired them with a white tank top, and a pale pink sweater on top. She left her military green jacket out and a woolen hat. She would be warm enough to walk halfway through the forest. She also chose a pair of very comfortable black ankle boots for walking on the ground, and finally, she fixed her hair and applied some makeup. The same one she used for regular hospital days. She didn't want it to be too much, but she also didn't want to look too worn out from the long hours of work at the hospital and the few hours of sleep.

She looked in the mirror, realizing that her outfit wasn't bad at all. In fact, she liked it a lot and encouraged herself. Although she wouldn't postpone washing her clothes again.

When they knocked on the door, she froze for a second, feeling her stomach churning. She ran downstairs, and when she opened it, she was met with a very smiling Carlisle.

"Hello," she greeted.

"Hi, come in. I'll just go upstairs for my jacket."

The man gently took her arm and pulled her towards him for a quick kiss. She backed away with a smile and ran upstairs. She wasn't quite used to those displays of affection, but she certainly loved them. Carlisle was always very careful. And she noticed that the man was wearing a striped shirt, typical of baseball players, along with a nice blue scarf.