꒰ 014 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: fourteen
♡ ﹙feelings﹚ ❋  ˚  ݂ ꛒ

"Bistoury," Lydia requested, and Cristina quickly placed the instrument in her hand. "Needle and thread."

"Here you go, Doctor."

"Now, adhesive bandage."

"Spiderman or Hello Kitty?"

"Amy?"

"Spiderman."

"You heard the girl."

"Right away."

"And done. Mr. Pelusin has completed his surgery and was an excellent patient." Lydia dressed the small koala plush toy and then handed it to the girl beside her. "The stuffing won't come out anymore, but don't forget to bring him back in a few days for a check-up, okay?"

Amy took her plush toy to hug it, then looked up at Lydia with big eyes of gratitude.

"Okay. Thank you, Doctor Lydia."

"My pleasure," she smiled.

Amy ran off laughing.

"You really like kids, don't you?"

Both women turned to look at Doctor Cullen. Lydia rolled her eyes as she stood up and removed the gloves she had used.

"I think I'll... leave you two alone," Cristina said, taking a folder in her arms and leaving with a big smile. She always did that.

"Her father went into surgery half an hour ago, and she was in the waiting room very scared. I saw her plush toy was torn, so I just asked if she wanted me to fix it. It seems she's calmer now."

Carlisle smiled tenderly. Every day he liked that girl more, there was no doubt about it.

"That was very nice of you."

He noticed that Lydia wanted to say something else, but in the end, she didn't. Instead, she gave him a smile. Deep down, Carlisle knew, Lydia dreamed of having children, but that was probably the only thing in the world he could never give her.

He approached her to cup her cheeks.

"Carlisle, we agreed no displays of affection at work."

The man put on a puppy face. Lydia smiled before looking towards the only entrance to that office and stood on tiptoe to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

"That was the last one, I promise."

"You've said that since eight in the morning, and every hour you come looking for me to give you a kiss."

He chuckled.

"I plead guilty," he tilted his head a bit to kiss the girl again, this time taking more time and deepening the kiss.