꒰ 020 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: twenty
♡ ﹙return﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

It had been a little over five and a half months. Carlisle and Lydia had a wonderful time in every place they visited, and they were currently in London. The blonde was probably the most excited to show Lydia so many things that time flew by quickly.

It was their fifth day in the city when his phone started ringing. He had been ignoring it all afternoon, but realizing that the calls were persistent, he decided it was a good time to answer. He and Lydia were having lunch at a nice café, well, Lydia was eating while Carlisle told her about some things in the city and the places he still wanted to visit.

He picked up the phone and furrowed his brow when he realized it was a call from Rosalie, and not only that, he had a million messages from Alice and Esme. He answered the call with concern, and Lydia watched him with interest as he seemed so rushed.

He stopped eating his slice of cheesecake and waited for Carlisle to finish the call before asking him what was going on.

"I understand, I'll go there immediately," he spoke with a somber tone, Lydia had never heard him use that tone before. "Call me when you're with the others."

He looked at Lydia with puppy eyes as soon as the call ended.

"What's wrong?"

Carlisle's expression softened when his eyes met Lydia's.

"It's Edward. He's in trouble," he seemed disappointed. He didn't want to leave, not yet.

He knew they would eventually return, but he honestly hoped it would be later rather than sooner. They had been the best months of his life.

Lydia looked at him alarmed. What could have happened for Carlisle to be like this?

"What happened to him?"

He shook his head, somewhat confused. Rosalie had told him everything very quickly, and he only caught half of her words. He tried to organize his thoughts quickly to explain.

"Edward thought Bella was dead, but Alice has already seen her and she's safe. No one can contact Edward, and Alice had a vision. She and Bella are heading to Italy to stop Edward," he explained, but it was confusing for Lydia. "Rosalie has already called the others, and we will meet at the Forks house, but we are closer to Italy so we will see Alice, Edward, and Bella at the international airport in Italy. I need to make sure everyone is okay."

Lydia nodded, worried. Her hunger had disappeared, so she grabbed the pretty backpack Carlisle had bought her during their visit to France and stood up. Both of them left the place quickly, although they were both disappointed to interrupt their trip.

Fortunately, they found a flight direct to Italy in two hours.

Lydia and Carlisle waited at the terminal for the others to arrive. The blonde had already bought five tickets, and the flight was leaving in an hour and a half. The girl held onto her counterpart's hand tightly, intertwining their fingers as they watched the people passing by. They had gone directly to the airport in London, so they forgot all their luggage. Carlisle told her he would take care of it. Although there was nothing really important, maybe just the pretty clothes she had bought in different countries.