꒰ 024 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: twenty four
♡ ﹙trouble﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

Lydia had never really imagined herself with children or forming a family, which was strange because that was exactly what was going to happen with Jonah. Now that she thought about it calmly, she never saw a future with that man, not like she did with Carlisle. Everything felt completely different, and not that she wanted to compare them, but all the differences were noticeable at first glance.

And even in the present, she still couldn't fully believe everything that was happening. It was as if everything had happened so suddenly but at the same time felt like she had been with the man of her dreams for a beautiful eternity. And not only that, she was also expecting a baby with that man. Everything was so unreal but magnificent at the same time.

"Doctor Lydia," she heard someone call her, snapping her out of the depths of her thoughts. "An ambulance is on its way."

"I'll be right there," she smiled a little as she tried to gather her thoughts to focus on work.

She let out a big sigh and got moving. With so much drama surrounding Bella, sometimes she felt like her only escape was work. Like everyone else, she feared for the safety of the girl, but she couldn't really do much to help her. Although she constantly thought about Evander's words, about how Bella lied a lot, and that made her doubt her decision to agree to her transformation.

She didn't know Bella very well, but from what little she had interacted with her... she didn't really connect with her. She loved being considered part of the family, but she didn't like that her decision was final. What if she was wrong? How much could her decision influence the future? She actually tried not to overthink things because it only gave her a headache. Although maybe it was time to investigate more about this girl and understand a little about what was going on in her head.

The day passed normally, attending to patients and with Carlisle stealing kisses from Lydia from time to time. At closing time, the girl was craving something sweet, so they stopped by a café, and Carlisle took care of buying her various desserts just for her.

Then they continued on their way home.

"Carlisle," Lydia called softly as she ate the lemon pie.

"What's wrong, darling?" he glanced at her quickly before looking ahead again.

"How well do you actually know Bella?"

The blond frowned.

"What do you mean?"

She cleared her throat.

"Well... I know she's just a girl but... I feel like there's something she hasn't told us. Edward can't read her mind, and Evander says she lies a lot. She always seems to be in the right place at the right time, and... I don't know. There's something strange about her. Like... well, I really can't explain it."