꒰ 028 !

chapter ┊ ✦

chapter ┊ ✦. :: twenty eight
♡ ﹙ mood swings﹚ ❋  ˚  ݂ ꛒ

It was a little past two-thirty in the morning, and Carlisle enjoyed listening to Lydia's gentle breaths as she slept. He cherished the peaceful silence where nothing mattered more than Lydia and their baby. It was just the three of them, and that was fine. There were no worries.

He furrowed his brow as he felt the girl shift in her place and then saw her wake up. He looked at her with tenderness; the girl's eyes were slightly swollen, and she couldn't fully open them.

"Hello, sweetheart," the blond murmured, gently caressing her cheek. "Is everything okay?"

Lydia was more asleep than awake, but still let out a big yawn and looked at Carlisle with narrowed eyes.

"I'm hungry," she murmured with a tone of embarrassment. She didn't like to bother Carlisle, even though he had said that it didn't bother him at all. He was genuinely delighted to fulfill any of her needs and would never deny her anything that was within his reach.

Carlisle smiled.

"Tell me what you want, and I'll bring it to you."

She sighed.

"I want fries and a little vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles."

Carlisle couldn't help but let out a little laugh. At least this craving had been more normal than the previous ones.

"Alright, give me five minutes, and I'll bring it to you." Esme and Emmett had gone to the supermarket a few days earlier to stock up on provisions for Lydia. Everyone knew about the girl's sudden cravings and had bought everything they found along the way. They wanted her to feel comfortable and to find everything she needed in case it was late at night or no one was home.

She smiled when Carlisle kissed her forehead before getting up and leaving the room. Sleep began to fade, and it was then that she decided to get up. Now it was more complicated to find a comfortable position to sleep. As soon as she stood up, she felt a strong dizziness and rushed to the bathroom without thinking twice. She hated nighttime nausea, although morning sickness was a thousand times worse. In recent days, they had become more intense, but she found them really unpleasant and preferred Carlisle not to be present when it happened. But it was obvious that he could hear her; after all, he was a vampire.

When she finished vomiting, she rinsed her mouth and splashed her face with water. She stared at her reflection for a long moment before leaving the bathroom and returning to the room. She sat on the edge of the bed when she began to cry. It was then that Carlisle returned and looked at Lydia worriedly. He left the food on the bedside table to approach her.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

She shrugged.

"I don't know," she murmured between sobs. "Suddenly, I just wanted to cry."