꒰ 019 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: nineteen
♡ ﹙legends﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

Long ago, an angel fell from the sky. He was unable to return to heaven because of how injured he was, and none of his brethren had noticed his disappearance, or perhaps they simply ignored it.

That angel, whose name is unknown, wandered the earth for a while until he found a small community of humans. They all welcomed him with open arms and helped him heal his wounds. They never asked questions and simply integrated him as one of their own.

The angel lived happily in that small village, enjoying the company of humans and learning a lot from them.

But one day, strange creatures began to lurk. The humans explained to him that they were supernatural beings; there were many of them roaming those lands, but they never attacked large groups. They always waited for the night and targeted small groups. The angel didn't really understand what was happening, but he remained alert all the time. He liked those humans, and he would protect them as long as he could.

However, as the days passed, there were more and more deaths. Children disappeared, and the bodies of men were found halfway into the forest without blood or sometimes missing parts of their bodies.

In desperation, the humans sought help from the witches. They might be able to do something to prevent all those deaths. They were pacifists, so it never occurred to them to start a hunt. That was horrible in their opinion, and they wouldn't be any different if they did.

They knew of another village of hunters, but they were never willing to help without payment, and this small village had lost almost everything with the deaths of their people.

The witches welcomed them kindly but explained that it was not possible to help them in the way they needed. That was when the angel mentioned that one day he was in the forest and saw one of those creatures, but they didn't detect him. The witches then had an idea. If the angel agreed, they could perform a spell to mix their bloods, and that might help hide the humans from the supernatural beings.

The angel agreed immediately. These people had helped him without hesitation, and the least he could do was to return the favor. Besides, he had grown fond of them and couldn't stand to see a person die every day.

The witches did their job perfectly in a strange ritual that scared more than one, and they mixed the angel's blood with that of a human.

It worked.

Unless those creatures stared directly at their target, they could never find it. That was better than nothing. The village erected strong walls around them, and since their scent had become almost nonexistent, they were never attacked again.

The angel took care of them for three generations, watching them grow with happiness and prosperity. He even fell in love with a human, with whom he had a son and a daughter. Although they all had angel blood, that pair of children seemed to have even more abilities than the rest because they were direct descendants of that angel.

It is not known what happened to the angel or his children. No one remembers their names, but it is understood that the descent continued and continued, living in peace among the supernatural beings.

One of the first humans with angel blood tells that on one occasion, while he was near the river fishing, he encountered a shapeshifter. They are similar to werewolves, but shifters can transform without the need for a full moon. That wolf stared at him intently; the man tried to flee, but the wolf followed him and found him even when he had managed to hide.

He discovered that the wolf was a woman, and she explained to him that she had imprinted on him and could smell him wherever he went. From there, there is a belief that if there is a special connection between a nephilim and a supernatural being, the supernatural being is capable of detecting its essence. It is extremely rare, but it has happened twice so far and may happen in the future.

Lydia looked at Carlisle intently, not knowing what to say. Actually, she still couldn't believe it, but that book looked really old and everything was handwritten, so maybe it wasn't as strange as it seemed.

"Many years ago, when I was still with the Volturi, there was a rumor that an angel had fallen from the sky and mixed his blood with humans. They never found the so-called nephilim, and I suppose it was because of this. No supernatural being is able to detect them. Aro was very interested in finding one and offered an incredible reward to whoever brought one to him; the reward was even greater if they brought him the angel. But it never happened, and although the offer still stands and keeps growing, it is believed to be just an absurd rumor."

Lydia nodded in understanding. She would be lying if she said she wasn't afraid. Actually, she was terrified and felt uneasy. She didn't love the idea of being hunted for having angel blood in her veins.

"And... aren't you curious to know what my blood tastes like?" she asked quietly.

Carlisle looked at her with a smile as he shook his head.

"Not really. Honestly, I'm a little scared... if anyone finds out..."

"I know," she interrupted, "no one will know. We won't tell anyone."

He nodded.

"I hate lying to them, but I think it's for the best."

"I agree."

Lydia looked back at the book and flipped through some pages. There was a story about hunters and other pages that talked about different supernatural beings. She decided that it was enough information and closed it. She already knew everything she needed.

Carlisle and Lydia stayed in Florida for a week and a half before going to Minnesota, where they were only for four days. Carlisle looked with interest at his girlfriend's old apartment, realizing that there were a lot of books, diplomas, and trophies. He helped her pack everything into boxes to send to Forks and sell that apartment.

Lydia called Charlie Swan to ask him to receive all the boxes, and he accepted gladly.

After that, it was time to travel aimlessly. Carlisle was excited to show Lydia many places, and she was excited to travel with the blonde.

"Maybe we could even travel to Europe. There are magnificent places there," Carlisle suggested as they flew to New York.

Lydia smiled excitedly.

"For now, I'm happy to explore the country. Then we can go to Europe or anywhere in the world. We have plenty of time for that."

Carlisle smiled with a hint of sadness. Yes, there was a lot of time, but it wasn't all the time in the world. He wished, oh how he wished that Lydia would ask him to be immortal, but he would never suggest it out loud. That was solely her decision, and he wouldn't interfere with her choices. Not even a little bit. For now, he would enjoy his time with her and show her as many places as possible.

 For now, he would enjoy his time with her and show her as many places as possible

: ‹𝟹 all the votes and
comments are very
appreciated. they encourage me
keep updating!