꒰ 034 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: thirty four
♡ ﹙jacob black﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

Lydia had to stay in the house with Esme while the rest of the family went in search of their acquaintances. Seth and Leah were the ones who spent the most time at the residence. They had made an agreement with the wolves and took turns standing guard outside the house, although it was young Seth who never left.

The two women were in the living room while Maven played on the carpet with some of the toys they had been given. Lydia held a cup of tea, although her gaze was distant, and the liquid had long since cooled.

"Everything will be fine, Lydia," Esme's voice came, and Lydia turned to look at her. She smiled a little, setting the cup aside.

"It's something I still can't fully believe. I really don't understand why Bella did this."

"I don't think any of us do," Esme sounded sad. "We've tried to find all possible answers... but we don't understand."

"You know... I'd like to talk to Jacob. Since we saw him at the wedding, I haven't heard anything from him."

"I think that's a good idea. Maybe Seth can go with you."

She nodded with a small smile. "Maybe he'd like to meet Maven. That would be a good excuse."

Esme let out a small laugh. "I'll pack a plate of cookies for you to take. If getting to know Maven doesn't work, maybe some cookies will."

"Thank you, Esme."

Just fifteen minutes later, Lydia was behind the wheel with Maven and Seth in the back seats.

"These cookies are delicious," Seth said with his mouth half full.

Lydia glanced at him in the rearview mirror with a smile. "I'm glad you like them, but don't eat them all now, leave some for the others."

"Me? It's Maven who's devouring them all."

She then looked at the child in his safety seat, who also had a cookie in his mouth, and frowned at Seth, who he threw a rattle to.

"Kids, I don't want you fighting," Lydia spoke to them aloud.

"I'm sorry," said Seth. And at the same time, a small squeak came from Maven.

"Well, we've arrived."

Lydia stopped the car in front of the Black's beautiful house and got out to immediately take her son. Seth was in charge of carrying the plate of cookies, although under the watchful eye of the girl to make sure he didn't eat them all.

Once in front of the house, she knocked a couple of times with her knuckles and waited a moment. She smiled to see Billy, who seemed surprised but also smiled.

"Hello, Billy. I'm looking for Jacob."

The man looked at her intently, then at the baby, and finally at Seth.