꒰ 013 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: thirteen
♡ ﹙family drama﹚ ❋  ˚  ݂ ꛒ

Lydia held onto Carlisle's arm tightly to keep from falling, though he barely felt a gentle pressure. She listened to her girlfriend's rapid heartbeat and simply stroked the hand resting on his arm.

"That woman is my mother," Lydia murmured, but Carlisle heard her loud and clear. "The one on the left is my father, and in front of them are Jonah's parents. The one with black hair is Jonah's younger sister."

Carlisle couldn't stop smiling as he nodded in understanding.

"Well, let's go say hello then," he suggested.

Lydia laughed, and for a moment, she felt more relaxed, but the feeling didn't last long when Lydia's mother noticed her daughter's presence. She nudged her husband gently to look, and the man also noticed their eldest daughter's presence, flashing a radiant smile.

"Lydia, I'm glad you made it," her mother spoke enthusiastically.

Lydia separated from Carlisle just to hug her parents and then returned to his side. She smiled awkwardly at her ex-in-laws.

"Lydia, I'm glad you came," her father-in-law said.

"My mother insisted," Lydia replied, unsure where to look, but then remembered Carlisle. "This is Carlisle Cullen."

She introduced the man behind her, and the four looked at him with impressed expressions. He stood out in the room. Jonah's sister had her mouth slightly open as she watched him, her cheeks tinged with a soft pink.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Carlisle said kindly, with a pleasant smile.

"I'm Marcelle Knox," Lydia's father introduced himself, extending a hand. His tone was somewhat gruff as he didn't trust many men who approached his daughter.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Knox," Carlisle shook the man's hand firmly but not too hard as he didn't want to hurt his father-in-law.

"Delilah," Lydia's mother introduced herself.

They both shook hands, although the woman frowned and looked at Carlisle with terror for a millisecond. An action not unnoticed by the man, but they both disguised it very well. Carlisle felt a bit curious, but he would have time to ask his girlfriend later.

"They're Marianne and Felix Rigby, Jonah's parents," Lydia introduced them. "She's Alessandra, his sister."

After the introductions, there was an awkward silence. Everyone was captivated by Carlisle.

"Where did you two meet?" Delilah asked to break the tension.

"At work. Carlisle is also a doctor at the Forks Community Hospital."

"I suppose you two are a couple?" Marcelle spoke next, though he cleared his throat a couple of times.

"Yes, we are," Lydia put her arm around the man's back to hug him, and everyone noticed how her eyes sparkled intensely at him. Carlisle kissed Lydia's forehead and then gave her a smile.