꒰ 011 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: eleven
♡ ﹙bella swan﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

The Cullen house was truly impressive. Carlisle parked the truck in the garage and took Lydia's hand to lead her through the house in a hurry.

"I'll give you a proper tour next time," he said calmly with a smile.

She smiled, not letting go of his hand. "That's fine. There are more important things to deal with right now."

They climbed some stairs, and outside it was already dark, so they could barely see through the large windows. They reached a room, and the blonde closed it once they were both inside.

"This is my room," he explained, starting to take off his shirt.

Lydia lost her breath for a moment but reflexively turned away and tried to look at anything other than the man undressing.

The room was simple to a certain extent. Very tidy, and without a bed, everything seemed more spacious. A wooden bookshelf covered one entire wall and was filled with books. The opposite wall was a wooden wardrobe that also covered the entire wall. Another wall was actually a window with a view of the forest, and the last wall only had a couple of paintings that seemed very old and probably worth a fortune. Besides that, there was a sofa and a nightstand. Carlisle had mentioned having a home office, so she imagined he used that space to spend time alone or something similar.

Carlisle smiled when he noticed Lydia had turned her back while he changed. He didn't mind if she looked, but if it was the other way around, he would have turned as well. He put on a new shirt along with a black jacket and again wore the scarf he had on earlier.

"Ready," Lydia turned around.

"At least you could have warned me," she teased, though without any real annoyance.

"You know I don't mind if you look, right?"

She blushed and didn't know what to say. Although it wasn't necessary, Carlisle frowned.

"Stay here for a minute. Someone is in the house."

"Okay."

The blonde quickly left, and Lydia had the chance to take a closer look at Carlisle's room. She approached where Carlisle had left the shirt he had used. The man didn't sweat, so he always smelled very good, plus he used cologne which made him smell even better. She took the shirt and inhaled its scent for a moment. She could do that all night.

She decided to leave the garment in place to avoid seeming like a stalker in case someone appeared, and she looked at the bookshelf, running her fingers over the book spines. Many of those books seemed ancient, and they were in different languages. Most were about medicine, and a few were about various topics. Carlisle had probably read them all, which made a lot of sense to Lydia, as the man knew basically everything.