Chapter 1

Tristan's POV
I wake up just before the sun rises and quietly slip out of bed. I put on my clothes silently before turning around and looking at the bed. James is still fast asleep. I walk over to him placing a kiss on his forehead.
"I love you James." I whisper softly before turning to his desk. The camera is still sitting there recording us. I pull the chip out and it stops.
I thought it was just going to be a one time thing. Getting drunk and having sex with James. That one time thing has lasted two years now. After that first night I was more careful. I get out of the room before he wakes up.
I walk into my room and go straight to my dresser. I pull out the small box in the bottom drawer and place the chip on top the dozens of others.
A few months ago he got the idea he could record his 'mystery girl' as he dubbed me. I don't bother stopping the camera I just pull out the chips in the mornings.
"How long is this going to continue?" A voice asks from behind me. I spin around to find Conner sitting on my bed watching me.
"How long have you been there?" I ask nervously.
"For about five minutes before you walked in." He says shrugging.
"Oh." I say softly.
"I know you're James's 'mystery girl'. How long are you going to keep doing this?" He asks softly.
"I, I don't know. I'm scared of his reaction if I were to tell him." I say honestly.
"But why do you keep doing it? Does he force you?" Con asks. I shake my head no and look at the floor in shame. I hear him gasp. "Tris, do you love him?" He asks slowly. I nod looking up at him as I feel a tear slide down my cheek.
"More than I should." I say softly. He holds his arms out and pulls me into a hug.
"I know what you mean." Con whispers into my hair. I pull back slightly and give him a curious look.
"Brad." I say simply. He nods.
"We've been friends with benefits for almost a year now and a few months ago I realize for me it was more than that."
"Well it looks like we both have a bit of a problem." I say with a dry laugh.
"Yeah." He says with a small smile