Chapter 8

James POV
Walking into my room in notice a small box sitting in the middle of my bed. Lifting the lid I see rows of chips just like the ones from my camera. On closer inspection I realize they are the ones from my camera. How the.
"Hey James." A voice says behind me. I turn and see Tristan in the doorway.
"Hey Tris. What's up?" I ask.
"Brad, Con, and I are going to the mall. You wanna come?" He says questioningly.
"Nah. I think I'll just chill here." I tell him with a grin so he doesn't think anything's wrong.
"Your loss." He says with a shrug walking out of the room. A minute later I hear the front door close and the car start. Grabbing my laptop I sit on my bed next to the box.
I see a chip in the box that doesn't look like mine. I grab it and put it in my computer. It's blurry at first but then it clears up and I see Connor and Tristan.
"You got this now?" Con asks.
"Yeah thanks." Tris tells him. Connor walks out of the room and Tristan sighs before looking up at the camera.
"There's something I need to tell you. I probably should have told you a long time ago but I was afraid to. Afraid of your reaction. Afraid of losing you." The screen goes black. I pull out the chip and put in another.
I fast forward until I see myself walk into the room drunk. I make my way over to the bed with the mystery person, I can't see their face. I push them backward onto the bed and their face comes into view as they lean their head back.
No. It can't be. I pull out the chip and put another in and another and another.
Each time it's the same person.
The person I would never be with.
I hear a car door shut. I look at the clock and realise it's almost six o'clock in the afternoon. I've been sitting here for almost five hours.
Getting up quickly I head downstairs. Brad and Connor walk in the door, I don't see Tristan.
"Where's Tris?" I ask calmly.
"Gone." Brad answers shortly.
"Gone where?" I ask confused.
"I don't know we dropped him off at the airport hours ago." He replies walking into the kitchen.
"You watched them." Connor says knowingly.
"Am I the reason he left?" I demand.
"Yes." He tells me not sugar coating it.
"Why?" I ask my voice barely audible.
"Fear." He says like it's obvious.
"Fear? Fear of what? Of me?" I ask shocked. He just looks at me. "I would never hurt him."
"Sometimes words hurt more than the fist." He says simply. "He's afraid of what you'll say not what you'll do. Your his best friend, he doesn't want to lose you. That's why he didn't tell you. He would rather live with a broken heart then live without you." He walks out of the room without another word.
What am I going to do?