Chapter 18

"But I don't want to wear it." Ivy says crossing her arms.
"But it's a wedding." I tell her pleadingly.
"Fine you put on this frilly thing and wear it to the wedding, Uncle Tris." She says looking at me expectantly.
"What do you think you should wear then?" I ask exasperated as I tie my tie. She thinks for a minute before walking into her closest. She comes back out moments later with a new outfit. She lays it out on her bed so I can see.
"Connor!" I call out the door. "Your daughter has a better sense of style then we do!"
"Hurry up and change before we're late." I tell her walking out of the room.
*****************************************
"You may now kiss the bride." The preacher says to Kersta and Mae. There's a large applause as they do.
"I love your outfit." Kersta tells Ivy when they reach us.
"Thanks. Its much better than the one Uncle Tris picked out." She replies grinning. She's been a lot happier since the letter came saying Brad and Connor could adopt them.
"Yeah Yeah. Poke fun at Uncle Tris." I say sighing.
"At least you can braid." Ivy says giggling. "Papa tried to braid Lily's hair. It was disaster. Luckily Uncle Tris was able to fix it."
"Uncle Tris also had a little sister to practice on. I didn't so give me some time." Brad says pouting.
"Oh my god! You're the Vamps!" A boy a couple years younger then us say coming us.
"Guys this is my little brother, Lee. Yes Lee these are the Vamps and these are Bronnor's children Ivy, Lily and Jackson." Kersta says shaking her head at the boy.
"Should I be worried?" An slightly older guy asks putting an arm around Lee's shoulders.
"That Mark, Lee's boyfriend. My childhood best friend until he asked my baby brother out." She says with a chuckle. "No worries. Bronnor's engaged but you can't tell anyone yet. It's still a secret." She says looking at her brother pointedly.
"I would never." He promises.
"I'm going to have an empty nest soon." An older woman says coming up with two couples.
"This is my mother, my older brother and his wife, and my older sister and her husband. These are our friends Tristan, James, Brad, and Connor, and Brad and Connor's kids Ivy, Lily, and Jackson." Kersta introduces again.
"We know who the boys are Kersta, dear. We can't walk into Lee's room and not know who they are." Kersta's mom says smiling at us. "Oh we came to tell you girls it's time for the first dance."
"May I have this dance?" Kersta asks her bride holding out her hand. Mae rolls her eyes giggling and takes her hand.
The rest of us head towards the edge of the room as the couple starts to dance.
*****************************************
It's been over an hour since the first dance and the couple seems to have disappeared. Out of the corner of my eye I spy a head of bright red hair. I turn and see Kersta and Mae slipping out the side door. I follow them.
"Sneaking out of your own wedding?" I tease startling them.
"Mae's a bit claustrophobic so we're just going to drive around a bit. Cover for us?" Kersta asks with a small smile.
"Sure." I tell her returning the smile. I head back inside with out another word.
Looking around the room I see Bronnor dancing with the kids on one side, Kersta's older siblings and their spouses on the other, and Lee and Mark somewhere in the middle. I don't see James though.
Someone comes up and start talking to me. I think it's one of Mae's cousins but I'm not sure.
I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn and see James standing behind me.
"Can I talk to you?" He asks. I nod. "Alone?"
"Excuse me." I say to the girl, before walking away with James.
"What's up." I ask when we're far enough away.
"I'm sorry. I'm so stupid." He says looking down.
"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.
"I love you." He says so quickly it's almost inaudible. I gasp and he looks up. I get a good look at his face.
"How much have you had to drink?" I ask softly.
"Only one or two." He admits.
"I'm sorry James. I can't trust your word unless your completely sober." I say before turning and walking away. I head outside and start walking up the road. I pull out my phone and start texting Kersta.
To Red: sorry to interrupt but can u pick me up?
From Red: sure u still at the reception?
To Red: no walking down the street.
From Red: ok be there in a min.

True to her word she's there moments later.
"What happened?" Mae asks as I get in the car. I tell them everything that happened between James and I as Kersta drives.
"Oh darling I'm so sorry." Mae says when I finish. Kersta pulls over and she climbs to the back seat and holds me while I cry. I hear the door open and Mae comes to the backseat on the other side of me.
------------------------------------------------
Just found out my niece who I just recently saw after like four or five years might have cancer. Its like wow she's only about ten.
But yeah we've got some Trames in this chapter and we meet Kersta's family including her fanboy little brother. Should I put Lee and/or Mark in again or not?