Chapter 12

Tristan's POV
I sent Kersta a text this morning when I woke up and she asked if I could meet her. We didn't have anything on the schedule so I asked where.
She sent me the address to a cute little restaurant downtown. She didn't want to talk about me and James until her fiancee got here and her fiancee doesn't get off work til eleven today so we've just been talking about ourselves.
I told her that I'm in a band and we talked about my life before the band with my parents and my brother and sister.
She told me that she a writer and she works from home. She has older twin siblings who are having a double wedding. They had her sister's bachelorette party last night and they're going to have her brothers bachelor party tomorrow night. She has a younger brother too.
Suddenly she stops talking and I notice her looking over my shoulder with a grin. I turn and see a smaller girl with soft brown curls walking towards us.
"Hey baby. How was work?" Kersta asks standing up and giving the other girl a kiss.
"It's good." She replies softly.
"Tris this is Mae my fiancee. Mae this is Tristan, the guy I was telling you about." Kersta introduces.
"Hi." Mae says with a soft smile.
"Hey." I return.
"Okay​ so let's get some food and then we'll talk okay?" Kersta says waving the waiter over. After we order Kersta looks at me and simply says, "Speak."
So I do. I tell them everything about James and for the past few years. Our food comes but I don't stop. When I finish Mae laughs a bit. When I look at her weird she explains.
"I understand why Kersta took a liking to you. As much as she likes to promote her tough girl image she's a hopeless romantic." She tells me kissing her fiancee's cheek.
"I am." Kersta admits.
"So what do you think I should do?" I ask. They both try to talk at once then.
"Avoid him." Kersta says.
"But don't make it look like your avoiding him." Mae continues.
"Make him want it." Kersta nods.
"Make him realize he wants you." Mae smiles.
"You can use us as an excuse." Kersta finishes and Mae nods agreeing.
"Oh my." Is the only thing I can say.