Chapter 21

James POV

It's been a week since Kersta and Mae's wedding and I've been kicking myself every day since.
I don't know why it took me so long to realize it but I know now.
I'm so in love with Tristan.
When he walked out of the reception it broke my heart. Then he didn't come home until after noon the next day. It was painful. After thinking about his words I can understand where he's coming from. If rolls were reversed I would feel the same.
I haven't touched any sort of alcohol since the reception. Brad's my witness.
Right now I'm waiting for Tris to come home. He and Connor went out for some thing and Kersta and Mae took the kids school shopping. Saying something about Brad and Connor being illiterate in girls fashion. I don't know how Jack got pulled into a 'girls day' but he didn't seem to mind.
I hear the door open and Connor's voice talking as they come in. Walking into the living room I see Brad's already there with his arms around his fiance.
"Tris." I say softly. He flinched slightly before turning around.
"Hey." He say quietly not looking at me.
"I'm sober." I burst out with out really thinking. Tris looks up at me kind of shocked. "I haven't drank anything since the wedding. Brad can attest to that."
"Yeah I haven't had five minutes alone with my fiance since he assigned me his sober coach." Brad grumbles. Tris chuckles slightly at this. His eyes flicker up to meet mine for a moment before he looks away.
"We'll be going now." Connor says hesitantly, pulling Brad up the stairs.
"I'm sorry." I say. "I'm so sorry. I don't know why it took me so long." I tell him but he still won't look at me. "I'm in love with you Tristan Evans. I'm so in love with you." He look up at me shocked. I see a tear running down his face. Stepping forward I reach up and wipe it away before pulling him into my arms. After a minute I pull back slightly to look at his face. Leaning forward slowly our lips meet.
Breaking away for air I lean my forehead against his.
"Hello Mae." Tris says and I turn to see Mae standing in the doorway with Jackson.
"Hey boys. Good to see you working this out but Kersta says all four of you need to get out there and help unload." She says placing Jack in the playpen we have set up in the living room.
"Okay​. I'll warn you though I don't know what they're doing up there." Tris tells her with a chuckle pointing over our heads.
"I'm not surprised." Mae says laughing. As we head out to the car I feel Tris slip his hand in my and I couldn't be happier.
------------------------------------------------
All I have left is the epilogue now which is sad. Thank you all for reading. I love your comments they always perk me up.