Chapter 9

Tristan's POV

I look around the airport for a familiar face. Connor is the only one who knew when I'd be back. I left on Friday afternoon. Its Sunday now. I spot Connor over by the gates and walk to him.
"Hey." He says when I get close enough.
"Hey. How'd he take it?" I ask softly as he leads the way to the car.
"He's been quiet all weekend. Barely coming out of his room and when he does it's to eat or sit on the couch at stare at the door." He says offering me the keys. I take them and get in the car.
"He messaged me on your guys phones as well." I tell him. I knew it wasn't him because I told both him and Brad not to text me while I was gone.
"I know. He didn't erase the evidence." He replies with a chuckle.
"How's you and Brad?" I ask smirking.
"Amazing. He took me on another date Saturday night." He tells me a dreamy look on his face. He spends the rest of the ride home telling me about their date.
After parking the car in the driveway, I just sit there a minute and take a deep breath.
"You got this." Connor says reassuringly putting a hand on my shoulder.
I nod getting out of the car and walking up to the front door. Pushing the door open my eyes land on the couch where as Connor said James is sitting.
He spots me almost instantly and jumps up.
"Tris you're back!" He says engulfing me in a hug. "You didn't answer our texts and I was worried sick!"
"Well it's nice to know you don't hate me." I say with a small smile.
"Can we talk?" He asks pulling away. I look over at Conner who's standing close behind. He looks hesitant about leaving.
"I gave you your time so give me mine." I tell him softly. He nods and walks into the other room.
"Why did you leave?" Is the first thing he asks once the door closes.
"To give you time to think so you didn't say something you'd later regret." I tell him softly. He nods like he understands.
"I'm going to put this as simply as possible. I don't feel the same way you do." He starts but I cut him off.
"That's not what you say when your drunk but I don't care as long as you don't leave me." I say hating how needy I sound.
"Never." He says pulling me into another tight hug. "I'm was just going to say I'm willing to try for you."
"Wait, what?" I ask confused.
"I said I'm willing to try for you." He repeats with a chuckle.
"I heard what you said but what do you mean?" I ask looking up at him.
"I mean with you go out with me maybe Wednesday night?" He asks with a small smile.
"As in a date?" I ask to clarify.
"Yes as in a date." He confirms.
"I would love too." I tell me not able to control my grinning. He smiles to and pulls me in for another hug.
Connor pokes his head out from behind the door and grins at me.
'Told you so.' He mouths at me.
'Go away.' I mouth back. He gives me another grin before disappearing.
------------------------------------------------
Today is my parents sixteenth anniversary. I can't believe they've lasted this long.
Kirkir