Chapter 3

Tristan's POV
"So?" James asks looking at me over his phone.
"So what?" I ask pretending not to know what he's talking about.
"Don't play games with us Evans who's the girl?" Brad says looking up.
"Just someone." I mutter not knowing what to say.
"Who? You just broke up with Ana a few months ago and you haven't said a word about a new girl." James says putting his phone down.
"She has a boyfriend." Connor says walking in the room. I look up at him grateful for his input.
"What?" Brad asks startled.
"Yeah that's why I never mentioned it. She probably doesn't even know I exist." I say.
"Does she live under a rock? You're Tristan Evans. Drummer of The Vamps. Kinda hard not to know you exist." Brad says.
"I think he means romantically, Brad." Connor adds before I have a chances to speak.
"Well she's either blind as a bat or just plain stupid then." James says like there's no other option.
"Thanks James." I say with a humorless laugh. If only he know he was talking about himself.
*****************************************
"Damn that was close." I say to Connor later that night. James and Brad went to bed and Connor and I are still sitting on the living room couch.
"Yeah and James called himself stupid and didn't even know it." Connor says with a chuckle.
"Thanks for butting in. I had no idea what to say." I tell him.
"No biggy. I figured you didn't. I know I wouldn't have if I was put on the spot like that."
"Yeah I saw your face during the interview." I say remembering the look of terror in his eyes earlier today.
"If Brad had the slightest suspicion that I liked someone." Connor starts but doesn't finish.
"He'd leave you?" I ask.
"Yeah. I don't have much of him now but I still have him." He says sadly.
"I know. That's how I am with James. Even if it's only a few drunk hours I still have him this way." I say with understanding.
"We'll figure it. We have to." Connor says getting up. "Night Tris."
"Night Con." I say giving him a small smile. I hope he's right because I don't know how much longer I can deal with this heartache.