Chapter 7

I'm just sitting here watching him. I know it sounds creepy but I can't help myself.
"You okay?" James asks looking up at me.
"Yeah I'm fine. Why?" I reply giving him a weird look.
"You've been sitting there staring at me for the past ten minutes." He tells me.
"Oh sorry. I'm just thinking." I say simply hoping he drops the subject.
"About what?" He asks, not dropping the subject.
"Nothing. It not important. I'm gonna get something out of the kitchen do you want anything?" I ask changing the subject.
Before he has a chance to speak Brad and Connor run into the room. Brad's holding his cell phone like it's his lifeline.
"We did it. We did it." Connor squeals rushing at me.
"What did we do?" I ask putting my hands on Con's shoulders to stop his jumping. I look over at Brad for the answer.
"We sold over ten million albums." Brad tells me with a Cheshire cat grin.
"Wait what? Really!" James says barely able to comprehend our band mates words.
"Holy crap." I say stunned, letting go of Connor's shoulders.
"Who wants to go celebrate?" The overly excited blond asks in a sing-song voice.
"Come on guys." Brad agrees. "Let's go."
"I'm down with that. Tris?" James asks looking at me. I hesitate for a second before responding.
"Yeah okay. I gotta change first though." I tell them grinning.
"You look fine. Let's just go." Brad says with a whine.
"You can wait five minutes while I go change." I tell him.
"More like five hours." I hear him mumble under his breathe. I just ignore him and start heading to my room. I hear somebody follow me and I turn.
"Gotta fix my hair." James says, motioning me to keep moving. I turn back around to hide my smile.
*****************************************
Three beers later and I'm on the dance floor with some random person. Brad and Connor left us minutes after getting here. I have no idea where they are or even if there still here. I got separated from James about fifteen, twenty minutes ago. He was pretty tipsy last I saw him who know how drunk he is now.
I feel a hand grab my arm. I turn to see a very drunk James glaring at the chick I'm dancing with.
"Mine." He says in a low voice that almost sounds like a growl. The chick just rolls her eyes and walks away.
"You know if you hadn't of disappeared I wouldn't have been dancing with her." I tell him as he pulls me off the dance floor toward a corner of the room. He pushes me against the wall and kisses me. I don't fight it, I never do. I kiss him back.
"I love you." He says making his way down my neck.
"I love you too." I tell him, wishing he could say those three word sober.
"Let's get out of here." He mumbles against my shoulder. I grab his hand and head towards the door. We get a taxi and head home. I know what's going to happen when we get there. It's the same thing that always happens. I hope Connor and my plan works because I really don't know how much more pain I can take loosing him in the morning.