Safety

"thank you for letting me use your shower" Elle says, emerging into Tim's living room, drying her hair with a towel.

"no problem" Tim nods, looking up from the football game you're watching me.

"and thank you for spending the day helping me" Elle continues.

"I've seen how Lopez is with you, you need someone to teach you, to mentor you" Tim answers.

"is this just about my test score?" Elle asks.

"I've been wanting to train you before then" Tim responds.

"oh... why?" Elle inquires, sitting down next to him.

"boot, your marksman capabilities are incredible, since the switch I knew you'd be a shoe in for SWAT" Tim explains. 

"oh, thank you" Elle smiles, her eyes flick to the TV. "what's this?"

"football" Tim responds.

"what's football?" Elle asks.

Tim looks at her in bewilderment. "there's more to teach you than I thought"

[One Hour Later]

"Eric Weddle with a tackle just shy of the first down marker." The sports announcer says.

"so the marker means that the Rams get the ball?" Elle inquires.

"basically" Tim answers, before turning back to the TV.

"Thattaboy, Weddle! Thattaboy, baby! Come on! One more!" Tim says.

"Rams defense needs a stop here to have any hopes of a win." The sports announcer says.

"One more stop, that's all we need. One more stop." Tim answers.

The games is interrupted when the news comes on.

"We're coming on air live with a car chase in Los Angeles County." The news reporter says.

"Oh, come on!" Tim groans.

"The driver has been eluding police for the better part of a half-hour." The news reporter continues.

"isn't that your neighborhood?" Elle asks, looking at the TV.

"set your rifle up" Tim says, standing up. "Dispatch, Officer Tim Bradford. Badge 34831. And Officer Eleonora Solokov, Badge 86275. Log us in for overtime in pursuit of a high-speed suspect."

Elle sets up her rifle and follows him out of the car. He backs his truck out just in time to block the fugitive's car. The fugitive gets out of the car and tries to run but Elle appears and points her rifle at him.

"LAPD! Hands on your head!" Elle calls. 

The officers chasing the fugitive get out of the car and help Elle arrest him.

"you got him?" Tim asks, pulling his car back into the driveway and getting out to approach them.

"all good" An officer says.

"come on" Tim says, guiding Elle back inside just in time to see the ball tipped and intercepted by Weddle.

"The ball is tipped, intercepted by Weddle -" The sports announcer reports.

"Yes! Run, Weddle! Run!" Tim calls.

"He's at the 20, the 10 - Touchdown! Eric Weddle!" The sports announcer exclaims. 

Tim stands up, happy.

Elle smiles, watching Tim celebrate.

[Seven Hours Late]