Breaking Point

"There he is. 7-Adam-07, show us Code 6 on a suspected mail theft, 2210 Rosemont." Elle says over the radio as they pull up to a house where a man is carrying several packages.

"Sir! Are those your packages?" Angela calls as they get out of the car.

"Totally." The man says.

"Where you taking them?" Jackson inquires.

"My mom's." The man replies.

"Do you have an ID that says you live here?" Elle asks.

"I forgot my wallet." The man answers.

"How about opening the front door to prove that's your house?" Angela offers.

"Uh, I-I locked my keys inside. But I can jump the fence, and I can get my hide-a-key." The man offers.

"Sir, put down the packages. You're under arrest." Jackson sighs.

"Oh, no, this is just gonna take a second, bro." The man drops the packages and jumps over the gate into the backyard.

"Hey, hey! Stop!" Jackson calls, about to jump the gate too.

"wait, hold on" Elle says, holding him back. "look"

""Beware of dog"" Lopez reads aloud, nodding.

There's the sound of a dog growling and the man immediately scrambles back over the gate with Jackson waiting to handcuff him.

[Thirty Minutes Later]

Elle's eyes widen when she spots Sergeant Grey in the bull pen and she's about to scurry out when Grey calls her name.

"Solokov!" Grey calls.

Elle turns around nervously and walks over to him. "yes, sir?" Elle asks, meekly. 

"you've been avoiding me" Grey starts.

"yes, sir" Elle bites her lip and nods.

"why have you been avoiding me?" Grey asks with an amused look on his face.

"b-because of what happened last week" Elle mumbles.

"and what happened last week?" Grey presses.

"I was high and called you 'dad'" Elle murmurs.

"you did" Grey nods. 

"I'm so sorry, sir, I wasn't in the right mental space and -" Elle starts to ramble.

"Elle, Elle, calm down, it's really fine" Grey assures her.

"it is?" Elle asks, meekly.

"yeah, it is" Grey nods. "I'm flattered that you think of me in such a light"

"you are?" Elle murmurs, nervously.

"I am" Grey says. "I know that you lack... a father figure, and while calling me 'dad' on patrol isn't professional, I'd be more than happy to give you advice when you need it"

"really?" Elle perks up.

"yeah, I would" Grey nods.

"thank you so much, sir" Elle smiles. 

"of course, Solokov" Grey answers. 

[One Hour Later]

"hold on just a second" Elle calls, standing up from where she's watching the twins play with blocks on the floor. 

Nolan is out of the house taking Jake and Max to get new shoes while Elle watches over the twins. 

Elle answers the door to see her foster agent standing there.