The Dark Side

"okay, no, no, oh, wait hold on" Nolan says, showing her a picture of a conventionally handsome brunette man who looked to be around her age.

"he's not bad" Elle agrees, softly, feeding Sasha some mashed potatoes. 

"not bad? look he's holding a puppy in this picture" Nolan grins, showing her a picture.

"the puppy is so cute" Elle melts, looking at the puppy. "can we get a puppy?"

"no, the puppy isn't the point" Nolan sighs. 

"do you think he'd let me pet the puppy?" Elle asks.

"do I have to bribe you with a dog so you'll go on a date with this guy" Nolan groans.

"that and Lucy comes with me" Elle pleads.

"that's not how dates work, Elle" Nolan says.

"but there's double dates, please, Nolan. Lucy really wants to find a guy and I don't want her to be sad that I found someone and she didn't" Elle begs.

"fine, a dog and a double date, deal" Nolan relents.

"I really don't know why you're so desperate for me to go on a date anyway" Elle frowns. 

"I just... the way you glowed when you were with Zoe... you were so happy, I want you to feel that way again" Nolan says.

"I'm fine right now" Elle reasons.

"you shouldn't be just fine, you should be happy" Nolan responds.

Elle bites her lip. "okay"

"alright, I'll set it up" Nolan says, standing up.

"wait, Nolan, what's his name?" Elle asks.

"Caleb" Nolan answers.

"Caleb" Elle tries the name in her mouth before turning her attention back to Sasha, who is making a little mountain with her mashed potatoes.

"you're supposed to eat them, Котик" Ellie giggles. (kitten)

Sasha just giggles, her little hand full of mashed potatoes touches Ellie's lips upturned into a smile and ends up putting mashed potatoes on her face.

Elle laughs, doing the same to Sasha which makes Sasha squeal and giggle.

"hey, I'm gonna go out with Jackson, Lucy, and Armstrong, you interested?" Nolan asks.

Elle scrunches her face.

"what's with that look?" Nolan frowns.

"n-nothing, just... me and Jackson haven't been getting along lately" Elle replies.

"oh, well I can stay home with you..." Nolan starts to offer.

"no, no, go out, me and Sasha are having a great time, aren't we, baby?" Elle grins, turning to Sasha who giggles, making grabby hands with messy mashed potato fingers.

"alright, have fun here" Nolan grins before leaving.

[Five Hours Later]

Elle is cuddled up in bed under a mountain of blankets, fast asleep. Nolan suddenly bursts into the room and turns on the light, making Elle wake up.

"what?" Elle whines, not happy about her sleep being disturbed.

"Lucy found a guy at the bar to go on the double date with you and Caleb and I found a good looking puppy" Nolan grins.

"yay" Elle lights up at the idea of a puppy. "thank you so much"

"of course, see you in the morning" Nolan says, leaving the room and turning off the light.