Day of Death

Elle regains consciousness when she feels a sharp prick below her left breast. Her eyes are bleary and she struggles to fully wake up. As she battles with her drugged mind, the sharp pricks continue, almost like it's writing something on her skin.

Finally, she opens her eyes fully and sees Caleb leaning over, finishing up a tattoo on her. Elle looks down at it, it reads DOD12919. Her breath hitches.

"my other girl knew what it means, do you?" Caleb asks, putting his hand on her neck but not pressing down.

"our day of death" Elle sniffles, looking over and seeing Lucy lying helplessly there as well.

[Meanwhile]

"Hey." Nolan says, walking over, carrying a german shepherd puppy.

"Hey, have you seen Lucy? and who's this?" Jackson asks.

"Uh, no, not yet. And this is Rex, Elle's new puppy" Nolan says.

"She didn't come home last night." Jackson sighs. "what about Elle?"

"she had a very good date last night, all thanks to me" Nolan grins, proud of himself.

"Harper. Did you see Lucy or Elle in the locker room?" Nolan asks when Harper walks over.

"No. Why?" Harper asks.

"If she's just running late and we ring the fire alarm, they'll get dinged, but -" Nolan turns to Jackson.

"But - If we don't and something terrible -" Jackson starts.

"Sergeant." Harper calls out.

Grey and Tim walk over.

"Yeah." Grey says.

"Tell him." Harper orders the rookies.

"Lucy and Elle did not come home last night. They're not responding to texts or calls." Nolan explains.

"Okay. Didn't they go out with those two guys you set them up with? Danny or something? and Caleb Wright with a "W"" Tim asks.

"Yeah, yeah, she was, uh, heading to meet him when we walked out together last night about 8:30, haven't heard from her since." Jackson nods.

"Elle did the same thing" Nolan says.

"Could've ended up at their places, overslept." Grey suggests, but knows it's not plausible. 

"No." Nolan and Jackson say.

"Lucy doesn't do one-night stands." Jackson starts.

"and Elle is always early to work" Nolan continues.

"What do you know about these Danny and Caleb guys?" Grey asks.

"I found Caleb on Tinder for Elle, and Lucy met Danny at a bar" Nolan answers. "Caleb had a puppy and Elle agreed to go out with Caleb if I got her a dog"

Nolan gestures to the puppy in his arms.

"All right, take West, run a background check. I want to know everything you can find on Caleb before we knock on his door. And find Armstrong." Grey tells Tim.

"Right." Tim nods. "and give me the damn dog"

Tim takes Rex from Nolan and sets him on the ground. Rex doesn't run away or do anything, just sits obediently in front of Tim.

"let's go" Tim tells Jackson, starting to walk away with Rex trotting by his side.

[Meanwhile]

Elle wakes up again and sees herself bound to a chair with Lucy next to her.