Control

"Seven Adam 07, reports of a chase on 7th and Washington, one man is holding an axe" Dispatch says over the radio.

When they arrive, Elle and Jackson are immediately out of the car and sprinting after the two men while Angela drives the patrol car to try and stop the man running from the guy with the axe. 

When Angela does, the man, a young man, skids to a stop.

"it's my dad he doesn't remember a lot nowadays, he doesn't remember me" The young man explains while Angela stands in front of him. 

The man with an axe, who appears to be in his seventies, is now ten feet away and holding axe up. Angela pulls out her baton, ready to fight the man when the man is suddenly tackled from behind by Elle. 

The man, who is surprisingly strong, manages to roll over and be on top of Elle. He sneezes suddenly on Elle. Elle manages to roll him over again and it's a wrestling match on the ground until Elle finally knees him in the groin. She gets his hands behind his back and cuffs him.

"is he on drugs?" Angela asks the young man as Elle pulls him up.

"I don't know, I just got back from a work trip up in New York" The young man explains. 

"we'll take him to the hospital and check him out" Jackson promises, watching the man sneeze again. 

[Thirty Minutes Later]

"so he is on PCP," Grace explains. "we're going to get the PCP out of his system and then his son found a retirement home for him, oh, and he also has the flu"

"explains why he was sneezing" Angela nods.

"so he'll be okay?" Elle clarifies before sneezing.

"well, shit" Angela says.

[Eighteen Hours Later]

"how are you feeling?" Nolan asks, when Elle enters the kitchen.

"like a bus ran me over" Elle sniffles.

"I talked to Grey, rookies don't get days off and he can't waive it" Nolan says.

"he couldn't waive it when Zoe died, he can't waive it now" Elle responds, sneezing into her elbow 

"still" Nolan sighs. "but Angela knows, so she should take it easy on you today"

"thank you" Elle says.

"are you limping?" Nolan asks.

"he hit me good in the leg" Elle answers.

"well, I was hoping for a good answer to that question" Nolan says.

"I can't, not yet, I'm not ready" Elle shakes her head. 

"sorry" Nolan apologizes.

"it's okay" Elle murmurs. "let's just go to work, yeah?"

"you're shivering" Nolan notices.

"yeah" Elle whispers. 

[Two Hours Later]

"Lastly, the brass wants us to increase our social media presence within the community." Grey says during roll call.

"We're cops, not influencers." Tim pipes up.

Elle sneezes and Nolan rubs her arm.

"Like it or not, Officer Bradford, you're both. A strong relationship with the public makes us all safer. So let's show them we're people, too. Get out there, take a few selfies. Yes, Officer Nolan?" Grey says.

"Back in Foxburg, I knew most of the cops by name." Nolan offers.

"Because there were four of them." Harper jokes, making many cops laugh.