Unbirthday

Elle is all set to go, finishing braiding the yellow and blue strands into her hair. She adjusts the Stafford jersey she's wearing, takes a few deep breaths before leaving her room around 4 am.

She's already coordinated with Rachel, letting her know what they're doing today and Rachel even helped her come up with some ideas. 

Rachel is currently up in New York City, she's been up there a lot lately but it seems that Tim doesn't mind too much. Elle gets the idea that Rachel and Tim aren't very serious, but of course she can't guarantee that in any way and she's definitely not going to ask.

Thankfully, Rachel is a good secret keeper and Tim has no idea what's about to happen. Lucy and Nolan do, along with Angela and Grey, but not Tim, which is Elle's whole goal.

It's going to be his day. 

She knows he's been stressing about his exam scores, he's already taken it but now he's just stressing after the fact.

She knows because she's pretty good at getting him to talk when he's training her. The runs on the beach, the weightlifting in the gym, and the shooting at the gun range, during all of them Elle has managed to make him feel comfortable enough to share how stressed and worried he is. 

He's talked about how Grey put his neck out for him, how Lucy recorded a whole damn audiobook to help him study, and how devastating it would be if he didn't do well. 

Elle knows he did well, which is why she's doing today, to get him out of his head and realize that even if he gets last place, he is still an incredible person who should be appreciated. 

"you made me a coffee?" Elle melts when she enters the kitchen to see Nolan already awake and holding out a coffee for her.

"of course" Nolan smiles and Elle eagerly drinks the coffee.

"you're sure you're okay with the kids today?" Elle asks.

"yeah, me and Lucy are going to take them out" Nolan nods.

"but you'll be back in time for the party at the end, right?" Elle confirms.

"yup, we'll drop the kids off with Luna" Nolan responds. 

"okay, okay" Elle says, looking around and grabbing all of the things she needs. "thank you for your help with all of this"

"you're the one who planned it and is making it all happen" Nolan points out, handing her a big chocolate muffin. 

"I couldn't do it without you all" Elle responds.

"you should go, text me when you can" Nolan tells her, tossing Elle her keys.

"I will, bye" Elle calls before leaving.

[One Hour Later]

Elle knocks on Tim's door, holding a huge gift back in her left hand.

She's not surprised that Tim looks very unhappy when he opens the door and sees a chipper Elle decked out in Rams gear at 5 am. 

"Elle, what the hell?" Tim asks, he's shirtless and wearing pajama pants. 

"change into this" Elle pushes the bag into his chest.

"Elle, what the hell?" Tim repeats.

"go, go, go" Elle urges.

He glares at her and Elle holds his gaze, looking determined.

It takes a few minutes before Tim relents.

Elle: 1

Tim: 0

[Thirty Minutes Later]

"Elle, I'm only going to ask this one more time: what the hell?" Tim asks as Elle drives to an unknown location at 5:30 am.