Chapter 28

Aurora

Caz took us back to his house and placed me on the couch. He rubbed his temples in annoyance before looking at me apologetically. "Sorry, those idiots never seem to understand whenever I order them around" he grumbled as he sat beside me, looking up at the ceiling. We both sat there quietly until I broke the silence. "Why don't we just train in your backyard?" I asked.

If I couldn't train in any of their bases, I'd train here. He looked at me annoyed and walked towards one of his curtains.

"Hell no, have you seen my house? I put so much effort into making it look beautiful" but I rolled my eyes and reiterated that the training would be outside not inside his house. He pondered on my suggestion for a minute and before he could answer, the door busted open to reveal Princess Ashely covered in a dark cloak.

"Who the?" Caz asked confused as Ashely took her hood off. Her beautiful strawberry-blonde hair with her strawberry-blonde eyes. She was covered in jewels and riches as she looked at both Caz and me. He gave her a slight nod of greeting and she returned the gesture.

"Aurora, thank heavens you're alright!" she said while grabbing my face and examining for any injuries. It was obvious that she was under the impression that the Mafia was going to hurt me or torture me while I was there. She turned to Caz while her eyebrows slightly raised, giving him a questioning look.

"You know, For being the most dangerous mafia group in Kuata, you guys certainly protect her Royal Highness pretty well" her fingers tracing over his couch and curtains until she stood in front of him. He met her stare, refusing to back down from whatever Ashely was trying to do. "Your highness?" He mumbled. Her eyes began to glow and gave him a small peck on the cheek. His face flushed, moving out of her way.

"So like is all your family just into the Mafia or some shit?" He asked embarrassedly while grabbing the closest thing. I shrugged and walked towards Ashley who was still smirking at Caz. I smacked her head: "You're here to train me, not to go wild on your desires " I scolded while she stuck her tongue and giggled.

She took her cloak off and placed it on the chair before putting her hands on her hips. "Alright, before we start, you want the bad news or the good news first?" Caz and I looked at her blankly. We didn't think there was gonna be much update from my kingdom. Maybe only that they either gave up or they're still hunting for me.

We both glanced at each other before blurting out bad news first. Her cheerful smile dimmed while avoiding eye contact with us. "Your mother broke my Katana" she mumbled. Sorrow flowed through me as I looked down towards the floor. A vampire's sword is the most precious thing they could have.

Once a vampire reaches a certain age, their power allows them to summon their sword. A sword unique to each vampire that the only way they can conceal it is by using their magic to have their body absorb it.

A black smith can fix a vampire sword, but if it's severely vitiate, there's no way to repair it. "The good news?" I asked taking a seat on the couch. I didn't want her to see how guilty I felt. How disgusted I was. How repulsive it is to be related to that woman.

I love Ashely. She's kind, beautiful, loving, intelligent, and Ambitious. She didn't deserve this kind of treatment from the Queen. My aunt sent her to my kingdom to help Azra and Madeline for their wedding. She chanted a small spell as she took her shattered sword from her stomach.

She smiled sadly as she kneeled on the ground and placed it on the ground. The strands of her hair falling as I kneeled down, touching the delicate pieces of her sword.

"How is this good news?" I asked quietly thinking that she would be crying, but we met each other's stare and she was smiling eerily.

"Your powers awaken, right?" Her eyes glowing with excitement as I looked at her confused. "Yes? But what does my powers have to do with your katana?"

She pulled out an ancient book that I brushed upon a couple of times in my library, but never really paid attention to it. Caz sat down next to me as he looked curiously at the book. Staring at her, she bit her lip trying to contain all her excitement.

Caz's brows furrowed in annoyance. He hate the suspension that she was creating and I was too.  "So?" He asked anxiously.

She looked between Caz and I before letting her excitement flow through. She pushed the book towards me and her next words weren't ones that I was expecting.

"Princess Aurora Solace, you are currently the most powerful vampire in the entire Kuata History. You, m'lady, will repair my entire sword with your new abilities"