Chapter 3

A week has passed since the King's announcement of my induction into the ranks within the kingdom's soldiers and the revelation of my impending betrothal. Tonight was my 21st birthday, as requested by the King and Queen, I wore an elegant blue gown with my sapphire crown as uneasiness flowed through the air. The night of my betrothal in where I would be sent off to a stranger to continue my royal duties.

While applying my make up, my guards bust open my door. I whipped around as I saw Eris, chest heaving, eyes bright orange, and blood trickling down his face. He's been attacked. Instinct immediately took over my body as I ran towards him, catching him before he dropped to the floor.

"Your Highness, There's been a threat made towards the kingdom. They want to destroy this kingdom and make us all slaves." His voice so hoarse that he was barely legible. I immediately used my powers to slightly heal his cut as my father ran in looking frantically at me.

"Aurora! Thank Heavens that you're safe" his entire body trembling as he fell onto his knees, hugging me. Unaware of what's going on, I slowly touched his back, not knowing what to do.

"Your Majesty, what's happening?" I asked as panic began to simmer in. While his hands were resting on my guard's head, his breath was so shaky that inch of nerves were starting to spiral.

"It's true.. We have received a threat towards our kingdom.. Aurora, the ball must go on.. While I understand the severity of the situation, It would be scandalous to let such threat shake us" he said as he kept his head down. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He would much rather save face and risk everyone safety for what?

"Your Majesty but-"

"But Nothing, Go"

My heart was beating out of chest as I stood up. If I didn't want to go before, I certainly wouldn't want to go now. I felt the weight of my responsibilities with each step I took towards the ball room. Has my older brother felt some troublesome turmoil as the crown prince? I've never seen Azra through a turmoil.. All I ever seen is how much he's fit to be a King. I shook my head trying to eliminate my dissipating thoughts as I entered the ball room. Everyone glowing with such refined elegance as I turn to look at my emissary to announce my arrival. He looks at me with a gentle smile as he clears his throat.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Aurora Solace" he announced as everyone bowed down. I walked through the crowd towards my seat as I waved everyone a small hello. Keeping my composure while knowing there was a live threat gnawed at me: it simply wasn't favorable to risk all of our subjects during the face of a threat.

As I grabbed a glass of wine from my servant while looking around, I spotted my older brother, Azra with his fiancee Madeline. Both were dancing as it was their last dance together, the moonlight dancing along with them as they held each other closely. So close that it was obvious that it was just them in this room and no one else. Such a stunning view...

Everyone looked stunning as the light of the moon engulfed them all. Even if it was my 21st Birthday, it was no longer a joyous occasion. I looked around trying to find who my betrothed is glancing towards every man I saw until Percy appeared out of thin air.

"Happy Birthday, Your Highness" he said as he held my hand to his brow. I quickly stuck my tongue out as he started to burst out of laughter. We were both never the kind to use our royal titles within each other, but it was hysterical when we did.

"Prince Percy, I hope that the ball is to your likening?" I asked while still searching through the crowd. He immediately noticed my glance and immediately turned around with his hands on his hips. "So, are you trying to find a dick to bounce on?" He smirked while looking around. A shade of red blossomed on my face as I smacked his back. "How could you say such things?!?" I scolded while he was howling.

The tension that I was feeling earlier slowly began to fade as Percy and I entered in our bickering moments in front of guests. I didn't care if every nobles were watching us bickering. For tonight is my day, and I will make sure it stays that way. During my heated discussion with Percy, Azra came up to me with a gorgeous male next to him, his red eyes so deep it reminded me of roses, his jawline so straight that I could see his veins popping out, lips so luscious that I wanted to bite them off, and his nose so refined as if he was a goddess himself. He had a very dark aura around him, but that's what made him hotter.

Percy looked at him with a glare and back at me with a glance before opening his big mouth. "So, you're the guy who she wishes to bounce on his dick on" he said grinning evil. Azra shot him a glare to which Percy didn't care, he was intrigued to the person in front of him. My brother sighed profusely as he began to speak.

"Princess Aurora, Pleasure meet your betrothed- Prince Sylas Eshler heir to the Lumar Kingdom"  Prince Sylas looked at me with such iciness as I reached my hand to greet him. He held my hand as he planted a soft kiss on the back of my hand although my heart fluttered, I could tell that he was dangerous. Before I retracted my hand, he leaned towards my ear to whisper something as his lips brushed my ear.

"Don't run for me, Princess"