Chapter 13

Aurora

Two months went by in a breeze while I was still cooped up in my room. Caz has been coming up here delivering me something to eat, but I haven't been hungry recently. I was trying to process my memories that had just return to me and the powers that started to appear. I looked at the food that Caz left me on my night stand, but couldn't bare to eat it without throwing it back up.

I began to slightly practice my telekinesis doing whatever it takes to stop remembering. The pain, my screams, my tears, everything that the King has taken from me. My innocence. I kept trying to block out my flashing horrid memories as I tried to lift the pillow, but a dark aura started to surround me. The beautiful pastel bed was no longer visible and the roses began to wilt as my sorrow became unbearable.

What do I do? Should I go back? Should I escape and pass off as a human? But it wouldn't be possible for me to pass off human... I would be killed instantly.. I knew that I didn't want to be here any longer until Caz opened the door and his eyes widen.

"Princess! Princess!" Caz yelled trying to reach for me, but I couldn't stop. I began heaving and sobbing. My mind couldn't grasp what was going on until Erix came in the room and forced himself in. He grabbed me and began to sing a small melody. His deep voice beginning to calm me down as the aura around me dissipated.

"Your Highness" Caz softly said as he sat down next to me. It took me a minute to notice my embrace with Erix, but I just let it be. I couldn't understand my inner turmoil right now on what to do, but the more I think about it. The more I begin to notice that they're not treating me a captive.

"What happened?" Erix asked softly while still holding me. I looked up at him and looked away. I can't be absurd to tell my captors my return memories, but I also can't afford to go back. If I do, who knows what the King and Queen are planning.

Sylas all of sudden appeared in my mind; the beautiful face of my fiancee tracing over my mind. Will he find me? Will he figure a way to hide me from my parents if told him? I shook my head direly.

"Just some troubles" I mumbled, but Caz and Erix wouldn't take that as an answer.

"Did something happen to you when you were younger?" Caz asked. My body tensed, trying to forget everything. I didn't wish to remember anymore, but for whatever reason, my eyes began to glow and I had no control over my mouth.

"The King raped me when I was 8, I screamed, I begged, I told him to stop, but he didn't. He told me I was a nuisance and a burden. A mistake that never should've existed. I can't go back, I'm hoping my fiancee will come save me" I said. Erix let go of me and Caz eyes widen even more. My eyes stopped glowing as I rubbed my temple. I really need to work on controlling these powers.

Erix eyes were glowing with rage as he crouched to make me look at him.

"With all due respect, your highness, that 'prince charming' of yours will no come save you, and do you want to know why? Because I will kill him before he lays a hand on you" fear was getting the best of me as Caz glared at him. He gently grabbed my shoulders and took me away from Erix. Out of both of them, Caz has always been a sweetheart towards me while Erix has always been cold. He took me to his room and locked the door behind us. He took a deep breath before turning back to me with an apologetic look. 

"You know, for a kidnapper, you're way too much of a sweetheart" I said jokingly. He smiled and roll his eyes as he sat next to me and took a chess board. I looked over his face trying to not let curiosity get the best of me, but his room was covered with soft lavender satin quilts and curtains. He had everything organized and all his armor displayed. I wasn't aware that the underworld kept such armor. I started to bite my hand to stop myself from asking, but I couldn't. 

"Why the underworld? Why a sweet guy like you is the the mafia?" I asked as I slowly looked at him. His face softened as he looked at me as he passed me the chess pieces. 

"Ashes isn't as bad as you think... Of course within Kuata our reputation is underworld sadistic killers, but we're all family.. Yes, we commit murders here and there, but it's all for good reasons.. well, mafia  good reasons, but let me tell you, we also help the poor and the innocent.. I owe my life to his family.. his family has helped me when I was starving in the streets" he said softly. I tilted my head trying to take in everything that he was telling me. 

"Are you in this life because you want to or because you believe that you owe his family" I asked while I began the game. 

"I chose this life because of I want to, Ashes isn't a bad Mafia, Your Highness" he said as he moved his piece while biting his lips anxiously. I quietly observed as thinking on how to respond back to him. I never met anyone who willing chose to be in the underworld. 

"Erix isn't as bad as you think he is. He can be very annoying from time to time, but Erix is also a sweetheart, Aurora" his eyes filled with determination. He shifted his body to stretch his back. 

"Since we're asking questions about our lives, why do you enjoy cooking so much?" he asked as he sat right up.