Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Epilogue

Princess's Pov

9 years later

I got up from sleep with the ring of an alarm clock on my bedside table. Today is my birthday, my sweet sixteenth birthday. On my every birthday dad is always the first person to wish me. He would make it a point to stay awake till twelve and greet me on my special day. All the others of my family including mom are only after him in conveying their compliments.

Such is the love of my dad towards me.

He says celebrating my birthday, my every success in life is his felicity. He would buy me gifts irrespective of the occasion and can do everything and anything under the sun to see me smile.

I still remember the night before my spring holidays. All of us were going to my grandparent’s house. I started craving ice cream like usual but the fridge was empty of it as we were traveling the next day. 

Chocolate has been my favorite since my childhood and dad used to store crates of it especially for me in the fridge. After mama slept dad and I sneaked out of the house, went to the ice cream parlor and bought us ice cream. Somehow mom came to know about this the next day and scolded both of us.

There had been many occasions in the past that dad took the brunt of my misdeeds instead of me from mom. "You are spoiling Amaira with your over possessiveness and love, Shannon." Mom scolded dad but daddy just waved off. He took every bit of her annoyance with a never fading smile just to see me happy.

My dad is my mentor and my best friend. I can share with him everything in all this creation without any filter or reservation. The things that I cannot express to mom, I communicate to my father. I told him about my first crush, my favorite hero and ridiculously even the pain during the periods. He is my hero, my inspiration for success and the most important person of my life. Even when I make mistakes my failures are revitalized by his stimulating words. 

Sometimes we would swim together and dad would share with me his ideas of expansion of our business, about his interests and dreams or simply we would sit in silence beside each other in our huge lawn watching the colorful night sky decorated with stars.

Dad never scolded me for anything. In fact, I did not know what his anger was  until a few days ago. Just as it is said even God couldn't save Adam from having the forbidden fruit, my bad days started when I introduced Shelton as my boyfriend to daddy. 

Shelton is three years older to me doing his final year graduation. I was introduced to him for the first time six months ago by his younger sister who is my classmate. Sparks ignited between us on the first meeting itself. We began to meet often and our relationship grew. Six months later I was more than confirmed by my heart that he is 'the man' for me and invited him to my house on a weekend.

Dad would never displease me though I was sure by his expression that he wasn't happy. We all had dinner together with a light chat. Dad talked politely to Shelton but I am well acquainted with the screening looks of my father. His manifestation on reading a person is never obvious. Needless to say he is a popular mogul, successful businessman who cracks deals in millions just by analyzing the person before him.

With every word let out of his mouth dad perceived Shelton. My father hasn't made any comments after he left the house but I knew dad was discerning Shelton through different scenarios.

It was evident to me that he would do a background check on my boyfriend because this is the question of me, his daughter, and his most prized possession like he always said. 

A week later he called me to his study, pushed a file in front of me on the desk that was scripted with bold letters on its facet 'Mr Shelton Unifi'. That was the first time that I saw my father furious. His eyes were red in indignation and face fuming with fire. I dreaded the ire reflecting his features which I saw for the first time after being born to him.