Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Mara's POV

It has been eighteen months since I am married to Shannon Clandevis, the meanest schadenfreude I had ever seen in the whole world. He taught me the lesson that even the purest love can transform to nastiest hatred when beasts like him take birth on earth in the form of humans to make people suffer. Today the only feeling I have for him is unquenchable abhorrence or something greater if there are better words to describe the feeling in English dictionary.

Over the period of time I understood he is sickeningly anti-feminist. Influential and authoritative women who mark their place in society are from the citizenry he best envies. That is why he didn't want me to work after marriage. When he told me about the matter on the first day of our marriage, I thought he was joking and probably blabbering drunkenly but that was my stupidest incomprehensive blunder which cost me too much. The words he spoke then were the only words of truth he spoke in these eighteen months of our relationship.

I hate dominating women.

“You know what Aryan the best way to discharge your revenge on a girl is not kill but marry her.” He chuckles devilishly making his head fall back. Shannon had the least concern to ventilate his thoughts to his friend about me. I put on a fake smile before the maid and entered the kitchen.

Last night was horrible. He took me so brutally that it hurts between my legs till now. The tears which I held all through the day came down on my cheeks like rivulets after hearing him talk to his friend about me. I was decorating the dining table for his friend's dinner tonight. 

Every night he brings a new woman into the house. He would fuck every girl tying me up and before my eyes. Witnessing parties, sex and drugs had been my routine since the day I married him. Sometimes he doesn't return home the complete night and I am shameless to admit, those are the finest nights that I chirp like a bird in freedom, free of any disturbance, irritating mourns and squeals of his name from the adjacent bedroom. How relentlessly am I cheated and what is my mistake? The answer for this question is not available to me till date. 

I stopped sleeping in the master bedroom long back because every day a new whore comes to lay on it. But, it doesn't mean that I am out of this fucking nuisance. Sometimes when he gets bored of the prostitutes in the city, he uses me for sex.

'Disgust' is an inferior word to describe my feeling when he touches me but if I try to refrain him, I would obviously endure a lethal persecution. I loathe his contact like some kind of creepy crawler moving on my body.  Once upon a time I thought having sex with him was the perfect pleasure of happiness and fulfillment but now I understand, it can also be extremely nauseating and repulsive to make me sick in the stomach.

It was ten in the night and I was about to go to bed when I heard the fidgeting of the knob on the entrance door. Shannon Clandevis was entering the house in wobbly steps, utterly drunk with two women scantily dressed under his arms who were laughing hysterically. He notices me at the entrance of the guest bedroom which is now my bedroom and winks that gets me instantly repellent.

Horrible Predator...

All three of them settled on the sofa and moments later the little clothes of the women were also out of them leaving them disgracefully naked. One was sitting on the floor and giving Shannon the blow job and he was sucking the other one's breasts who was sitting beside him on the sofa. I felt repulsive by the ignominious incident and ran inside the bedroom feeling the gut churning misery in my heart.

I opened my eyes to the clinking of utensils in the kitchen. Another horrific day of my life was about to start. I did my routine in the washroom and entered the cooking room. "Good morning Rita, how are...." My sentence dies mid-way. "Good morning Sweetheart. Rita has taken leave for today. Her son is not feeling well." 

Shannon replies in a cheery smile preparing breakfast. 

Thank heavens! He seems to be a good mood today probably had a nice fuck. The girls from yesterday night also seem to have already left. It was thankfully a good beginning of the day after a very long time.

The smell of soft, mouth watering sushi hit my nostrils. In the normal course I would have devoured all of them with relish in a couple of minutes but in the past few days the situation has rightly taken a 'u turn'. I felt instantly sick in the stomach and ran to the washroom to empty the contents. 

Shannon followed behind holding my hair while I puked my guts out. "Are you not feeling well? What happened to you, Mara?" He eyes me suspiciously, pushing away the hair out of my face. I meet him trying my best to be inscrutable. Nevertheless something flicks his eyes. He can read me like an open book. "Are you pregnant?"

Busted!

Earlier it was only my life that was at risk under the mendacious grip of this fiend but now, I have to protect another little life too along with mine. I cannot continue to live here risking the young one growing inside me. I have to find a way to get out of the lion's cage. "Yesterday I bought a self test pregnancy kit. Since the past few days I have not been feeling well and the results are positive." I told him the truth impassively because I had no way of escaping from him. 

The last time I tried to escape him in the pretext of seeing my dad at the hospital, his minions caught me and handed me back to him. That night was so obliterative that it brings frightening goose pimples on my skin till today. Since the day I never ventured to get out of his house and silently bear with all the torture.

"You surely did." There was a bright smile on his lips."

Bloody bastard, there is no way your hands are going to reach my baby. I will see to it that it goes that way.

After I come out of the washroom Shannon takes me to the dining hall feeding me small morsels of sushi. "You should eat well to keep the baby healthy." He tells me and I eye him skeptically waiting to see how long this show would last. I'm not sure when he is going to hit me or continue me in this bubble of his suffocating love. 

Nonetheless I was a little happy that I may not be battered to hell for today. I know I am ridiculous in my thoughts, for I am no better than a slave, getting bonked by him whenever he pleases and taking strikes when he is irritated. 

But, I am no more the innocent Mara Benjamin who fell for the billionaire handsome once upon a time. Now I know the prick's tricks and when this drama of showcasing love ends, I will chalk out a plan to find a way out of this claustrophobic mansion before that.

There are no fairy tales that exist in actual life and this is the harsh truth about my marriage with Shannon Cladnevis.

By the next hour we were in the hospital and as expected the doctor detonated the exciting but sad news to me that I was six weeks pregnant. 

Shannon pumps his fist in air as though he had made the greatest achievement which no one could ever perform till date. I observe him in disgust while he talks to the doctor animatedly on how much he wished for this baby. The doctor suddenly turns her eyes on me scanning my odious features and I reform my face calculatively, replicating Shannon's joy. He should never have any suspicion about me.

The truth is, I didn't want a baby, in fact never, with the bastard sitting besides me, especially when I am planning ways to get out of this forced marriage. Motherhood is a dream for every woman and I love my unborn child enough that I cannot risk its life to this deathly vulture, be it a risk to pledge my own life in the process. But as my deceitful destiny reckons no decisions made after my marriage with Shannon Clandevis were actually mine.I can fool anyone in this world except the bellend sitting besides.

I wasn't allowed to use any contraceptives and I couldn't dare to buy one from the medical store fearing Shannon’s spleen. The security followed me 24/7 from the time I get up from the bed to the time I fall asleep. Obviously, this baby was completely unplanned and Shannon told the doctor he had stopped using precautions since the last two months.

Dirty dogs like him would fuck every female species residing on earth but at the end of the day want an ethical boned, principled and perfectly brought up girl as a wife to upraise the family.   Now I clearly understand why he married me and stays with me till today. No sooner is the child out of my womb, he would kick me out of this place. But Alas! I wouldn't allow that to happen. This time he is wrong in judging me. Holding my belly in my hands I promise my unborn child, baby I will protect you from your monstrous father come what may.