Chapter 19

Shannon's pov

Just like the doctor promised me, the best orthopedists, consultant pulmonologists, and heart surgeons arrived from all over the world in the next few days. Benjamin was recovering very fast. Mara couldn't understand the sudden and fast recovery of her dad. I stopped the medical authorities from telling her anything. However she was thankful to the hospital for giving her father the latest and best treatment available in the world. The innocent girl called it the grace of God. She was too good for this sinful world. Little did she know nothing happens without money. If there is any sort of magic 

existing in this universe, it is the wealth a person holds.

Mara's POV

Shannon surprised me with another gift, a platinum bracelet with diamonds embellished in the shape of a heart on its dial. "Wear this always on you. It will keep you protected from all the dangers." I burst into chortles at his statement. 

"Does this hold some kind of magic?" But he gives me no nonsense reply tucking the bracelet to my wrist. "Maybe it does."

This man is truly unpredictable.

After he tucks the bracelet on my wrist, Shannon brings me into his arms and we stay like that for some time relishing the moment. Later drawing out a little he captures my lips. I could feel his heart beat go fast against my chest and the movement of his lips became instantaneously urgent. What is going on?

He plunges his tongue inside my mouth like a writhing sea overpowering my senses that sought an unreachable terminus near my vulva. My legs began to shake refuted by his magical power and I held his shoulders dense as his tongue wiggled, pulsated, made connotative sweeps inside my chops. 

My hands appreciatively scrolled down on his solid chest enjoying the feel of his bushy mane under the softness of my palms. I move my hands to the collar of his superfine gray shirt attempting to release the tie but he stops me suddenly and distances ourselves. "Marry me cupcakes, I can't pull on like this for long without touching you." He was breathless detaching us from the ebullient kiss.

I cup his rough, hairy face in my hands. As I was about to speak to him, I heard my phone ring in my hand bag. He gestures to me to pick the call and I reach the phone. "Good evening doctor, how is my dad? Has anything serious turned up?" I asked him anxiously as he was calling me at night, well past seven. I listen to him speaking heartily for a few minutes and then turn back seriously facing Shannon. "Did I ask you to pay for my dad's medical expenses?"

He shook his head trying to hold me in his arms. "I just spent a few millions on his treatment, cupcakes. That is not a big deal." I escaped his reach speaking firmly. 

"I can take care of my father and that is why I opted for employment. I am not a charity case." His jaw stiffens and voice in command, the type that he uses towards his staff. "Mara, you are going to be my wife, damn it! All your duties and responsibilities are mine too. Why are you making an issue of this?" He snaps annoyedly holding me dense in his arms.

I come out of his pernicious hold forcibly before getting intimidated by his lethal aura. "I need to go home, my brother is alone.” My voice comes out in a mumble looking everywhere but his eyes. 

Taking a deep breath he tries to cool him off. His tone mirrors mine as he picks up the car keys from the dressing table. "I will drop you." I stretch my hand, in an attempt to stop him. "You need not bother. I will hire a cab." His eyes bolt into narrow slits. "Bother?" He takes steps towards me in a menacing gallop, clutching my arms solidly. "I warn you in advance, don't fucking ruffle my hairs anymore Mara. It's already dark, about to rain and unsafe for you to travel alone. I will drop you home and have no more arguments." He tells me in finality.

I quickly push him away from me and open the balcony door attached to the bedroom and lock myself in it. "I am not leaving with you, I'm frightened. You are intimidating me to exercise your decisions on me. I am not your servant to take orders. I lead my life on my own principles and choices. Let me go or else I am going to stand here all night." I screech like an exploding inferno. 

Within a few minutes, there was a heavy downpour. He looks towards the sky and runs his hand on his thick hair meeting my eyes tiredly. "I did not know till date that apart from getting irritatingly childish you are one stubborn little squirrel I am going to deal with all my life. Okay I apologize. Now get inside the house." He tells me, lifting his hands in surrender.

"It is always me who is going to win the tussle in the end." I tell him in pride pointing to myself and give him my dirtiest glare but he doesn't seem to care about my bragging. 

My hands suddenly go covering my face and that's when I see his anguish. A sneeze gets out of my lips and then another. The process repeats for the next ten minutes. Muttering things under his breath, Shannon rushes inside the closet bringing out a huge towel and starts drying my hair hastily. "You are a fucked up work, all the time." He scolds me like I was a three year old toddler while wiping my hair. 

I push his hands away from my head scowling at him and rush to the washroom. "I need to pee." which gets him bursts to titters behind me.

I am not married to him but half of his closet is filled with my clothes. He buys me all sorts of costumes ranging from casuals, party wear and sleepwear but with one proposition universally applied to all my apparels. No plunging necklines, no skimpy outfits and dresses that reach above my knees but my sleep wear is completely opposite of the above essence. It is purely adult rated including sleep shorts, mini jump suits, laced bikinis and transparent night gowns because they are only for his eyes to see. He is very possessive about me and that is an applied truth now.

I dress myself in a pink round neck night top which has a huge teddy bear painted in the front of it and plain black shorts. My hair was left loose to dry which reaches my hips in flowing curls. After getting ready for a comfortable night's sleep I observe my macho from the bedroom window. It gets me a full view of him in the kitchen situated downstairs.

He was dressed in a cream T-shirt and dark gray pants. His feet were bare from any kind of footwear with long toes that were a little hairy. I never knew even a person's feet could be sexy. Those cotton gray trousers that were adorning his long legs hung loose to his waist. Dangerous visions began to encompass my thoughts. I could already imagine his sturdy limbs stretched around my body bringing me to a world of euphoric bliss. The half sleeved shirt he was putting on fit him perfectly, barely covering the strong muscles of his robust chest and busty arms.

His face was serious with a cigarette playing between his lips cutting tomatoes using his long slim fingers. He smokes. It was an awakening under my insides that was configuring unpleasant feelings. Both of us belong to different classes of society. He was from the super rich class. Sex, parties, smoke and drinks are common things to people of his circle. On the contrary I am a middle class conventional girl brought up in the midst of customs, beliefs and ideals. I have never seen my dad smoke or hold a glass of alcohol.

With so much difference in our way of life, financial and family backgrounds, will I be able to adjust to this new life with my billionaire husband?