Chapter 11

Shannon Pov 

It has been three months since I and Mara are officially dating. I pushed the hair from her beautiful face that was disturbing her sleep behind the ear and started typing on my laptop.  She rubs her nose, twisting her lips and adjusts her head to the crook of my neck before placing her hand on my chest. I sniffled a laugh at her cute actions, kissed her forehead and continued with my work.

The next day….

I was in my office at seven in the morning. It is the end of the financial year.  Since I fill their pockets generously, the staff readily agree to the company’s demands. They are with me at work at whatever time I order them. Bills, settlement of payments, recovery of bad debts and most importantly cracking of new business deals had been my hierarchy of importance. 

There were so many crucial works lined up for the staff, the most important being, helping Clandevis industries to be the first corporate firm grabbing the overseas market in consumer durables. 

Fifteen minutes later Mara knocked on my door with the file. I asked her to work on it and submit me the report as soon as possible. One of the most important qualities that I like about her is that she is highly punctual, professional and responsible. She has never taken her job for granted though she is my girlfriend. “You could have submitted it after lunch too. Why did you hurry? The Russian delegates will meet me in the evening.”

“Incomplete work gets me panicky. I wish to complete my duties as soon as possible.” The graceful smile on her pretty face makes my day even in the most, hard pressed days. I observed her eyes that were red and sleepy because of insufficient rest. The work in the office is quite demanding during this busy time. Addedly she is managing the home because she is the breadwinner. In the evening were her weekend classes, everything added to her tiredness.  But Mara is a cheerful and bubbly girl. I have no words to admire her positivity. She never lets her problems win over happiness. 

"Come here Mara." I gesture at her with my hand. "Today there is no work for you until you have a good rest." I emphasize. You never know what life is going to offer you. Work always took first place in my life. But after Mara came into my life, nothing is more important to me than her. 

“But I have so much….” 

“I stopped her, putting a finger on her lips. “Work can wait. Nothing is more important than your health.” Leaning back on the leather chair, I placed her on me, adjusting her legs on either side of my seat. I set her head on my chest and relaxed.  She is the girl who makes me proud, with whom I wish to spend the rest of my life. Despite the harsh challenges faced in life, credence in speech and confidence in her personality stays intact. 

My manhood discerns the touch of her core and there emerges an instant need between my legs. I exhale a staggered breath and she looks at me quizzical. “So innocent and pure,” I mumbled. 

“Sorry. What did you say? I couldn’t hear you.” She gave me her pristine looks. 

“Nothing” Managing a smile, I alter her in my lap, in a way she doesn't feel my growing libido.  "Sleep cute cakes." I pat her head softly like I was putting a baby to sleep and start signing the documents placed on my desk.

Half an hour later, I observed her hands forming fists and crumbling my shirt. Her face was distraught and she mumbles in anger. "Why did you kill my mother?" My hand gingerly reaches the back of her head and gently strokes her from whatever dreadful dream she was having. Moments later I felt her relax. My touch eases her and I was happy to note that but I also made a mental note that her bad dreams were the matter that required my attention. She was having nightmares about the death of her mom.

I never asked her anything about her family till date except hearing bits and pieces of information about her brother. I knew her family was a gray area of her life and that she didn't like discussing it with anyone from the little affability that we share. But I knew I was soon going to probe the matter if it is disturbing her mental peace. Taking a collected breath I start signing the documents when a funny incident from the past pops up in my mind. 

It happened a couple of months ago on a Wednesday, a day when employees in my company can wear an outfit of their choice without any dress code being followed. Girls in the office made full use of the opportunity.  The office was filled with miniskirts and short frocks. The cafeteria was loud with giggles of young girls and men admiring, stealing glances accompanied with some flirting business off and on.  That was a time when I used to have my own secret fun. I was enjoying all this behind the poker face I marshal in the presence of my staff, but not anymore. 

Two months back I put an end to all the wooing that went in my office. I knew my staff was filled with irks on me. The covert and angry stares…. I got them all. But who cares?  I am the boss of this company and I can do whatever I want.  

The change happened when I saw Mara, on Wednesday. She was dressed in a silver short frock that reached her mid thigh and pointed black heels. Her waist length hair was left loose. It was not the end of it. The incense in my eyes was in a maddening outpour when I saw her in that skimpy outfit. If her beauty was a feast entirely for my optics, I would have made sheep's eyes to watch her. But unfortunately her prettiness was a vision for every man in the office.

Switching to the mode of a woofing predator, my eyes zeroed at her like the streaks of a volcano. My legs take to her in raptorial slow steps freezing her in place. Watching her trembling stance I knew she was on the verge of breakdown. I wanted to teach her a lesson but my body wouldn't cooperate and my eyes went quiet instantly.  

I did not know when she obtained control of my system. The anger in me for her does not last for long. Immediately there was a voice in me -  no use yelling at a kid who doesn’t know the nastiness of the world. Lifting my hands to her soft cheeks I clean away the wetness with the pads of my thumb.  "Go change to something presentable, braid your hair and come back. I don't want your black beauty left loose for everyone to watch."  Signaling to the washroom attached to my room my voice was unfathomably calm like an ocean. 

The washroom had an attached walk in closet which stored her clothes. Since the day I knew Mara was mine, I bought every dress I found attractive when I went on overseas tours.  I placed a few of them in every place I belonged which included my home, office, a few of our beach resorts and even in my private jet for emergency purposes.  Few minutes later she came out in a yellow blouse and pink pants with a matching cardigan.  

Her long wavy hair was braided to a side that passed though her shapely chest reaching her under belly. My eyes scroll her physique appreciatively and lift my hands that reach to cup her cheeks.  "Every ounce of your beauty is only for me to see.” I square my eyes at her in a soft warning. 

“Now because the time has come I want to add, I am very possessive about your hair. Never cut it or let it lose because it is my asset solely for my irises to savor.  Understand?" I tell her tenderly but with firmness and kiss her reddened cheeks that were covered in a blush after knowing the truth from me.