James (XXIX)

I woke up at eight in the morning even though I don't need to go to school until after lunch. Incredibly, I don't feel nervous at all. I get out of bed and do my usual routine. When I get back to my room, I pass my parents' and notice that they're still there, something that hasn't happened much lately.
  When I finish getting ready, I don't know what to do. There are still a few hours to go and, according to the teacher, we shouldn't train today to get our mental rest, but since that hasn't happened since I was born, I'm going to train a bit to pass the time. Maybe that will make me more confident.
  I quickly realize that saying my lines without getting any response is a bit pointless, so I stop and let myself fall onto the bed. I stare at the ceiling and last night comes to mind. The two of us being alone in the school theater felt so good. It was like a scene from a movie. I haven't told you yet, but ever since our conversation on the last day of camp, I've hardly woken up in the middle of the night. I really didn't remember what it was like to sleep well for a night in a row. That reminds me, I haven't written in my moving diary for a while. There's a lot I haven't written in it yet, so I jump out of bed and sit down to write down everything that's been going on.

  It's time to leave the house, but I'm not sure when I'm going to pick up the car keys. I don't know if my parents will always go, because of the argument we had at the farm, but I think that if they had changed their minds, they would have said so. So, I decide not to take my car and I'll hitch a ride with my parents when we get back from the play. As I pass the living room, I stop to look out of the large windows with the phenomenal view that I have the privilege of seeing every day. Today is very cloudy and rainy, so I almost regret not taking the car. I walk down the building and make my way to school.
  When I arrive, I drip all over the place as if I'd showered in my clothes. Luckily for me, there are no more classes in the afternoon, so not many people will see me in these figures. As soon as I enter the theater, I go straight to the dressing rooms, while I greet some of the people who are going to act with me and others who are going to act in other scenes.
- James? Is everything all right?" asks Emily as soon as she sees me enter her dressing room.
- Not really, I took a shower on the way here. Do you have a towel? - I ask.
- I must have, go to your dressing room and I'll take you, otherwise you'll get sick.
- Thank you. - I say, smiling.

- May I?
- You can. - I say. She comes in with two towels, putting them down on the small sofa.
- As soon as you take off your clothes, dry off immediately so you don't catch a draught and catch a cold. - he says, looking worried.
- I will. - I say. As soon as she turns to leave, I grab her wrist. - Hold on. Don't you want to help me dry off? So, I don't catch cold. - I say, smiling.
- I smell a lie. - he says, squinting his eyes.
- It must be the smell of the perfume. - I joke, pulling her to me.
- You're all wet, you idiot! - He laughs, pushing me away from him. - Come on, sit down over there. - he says, pointing to the chair in front of the mirror. - I'll take care of you.
  When I sit down, she takes one of the towels and starts gently drying my hair, passing by my face and stopping at my neck.
- Now take off your clothes. - he orders, turning his back to me.
- Is that it? No foreplay, no nothing? - I ask, laughing.
- You got it, don't be silly. - he says, laughing, glancing at me as I take off my shirts. - I'm sorry, I thought you hadn't... okay, I'll shut up. - he says. I laugh.
- I've taken it off. - I say, after standing there in my boxers.
- Turn your back to me. - command.
- Got it!
- Dry your front and I'll dry your back. - she says. While she's drying my back, I take one of her hands and, under my arm, wrap it around me so that she can touch my belly, but my trauma won't allow it. - There's no need to rush, I'm not in a hurry either. - she says, returning her hand to my back. I feel bad that I still can't act like a normal person. - Now put this on. - Give me the wooden cross with the clothes I'm going to wear in the play.
  After dressing her, I sit down in the chair and Emily fixes my hair with the care of a hairdresser. To finish, she touches up my makeup to hide small imperfections and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
- There, you're perfect. - He says. - If you want, there's men's perfume in the dressing room together, but you can still smell yours, so if I were you, I wouldn't put another one on.
- Thank you. Do you want help too? - I joke, looking him up and down.
- I can call you to fasten the dress, if you like. - she says, touching my nose with her index finger and winking at me. - See you soon! - he adds, leaving my dressing room.