Chapter 13 - Her jersey

Hey guys, bring here an intermediate chapter for you... hope you like it!!
XOXO

10:23 am - April 2, 2022.
San Antonio, Texas.

On the morning of the Final Four game where UConn would face Arizona, I woke up to a message from Nika on my phone, letting me know that there was a package for me at the hotel reception. The glow of the screen illuminated the still-dark room, and my heart leaped with excitement.

I slid out of the sheets with a smile on my face, feeling refreshed by the anticipation of the day. The cold floor of the room made me shiver slightly, but soon my feet adjusted to the temperature as I made my way to the bathroom. The warm steam from the shower quickly enveloped my body, dissipating any lingering traces of sleepiness.

After the shower, I brushed my teeth and wrapped myself in a fluffy towel to return to the room to get dressed. My suitcase was open in the corner, and I walked over to it, leaving a wet trail behind me, and rummaged through its contents for the perfect outfit for the day. I opted for a casual and comfortable set, perfect for the occasion.

With my hair still damp, I decided to let it air dry, simply brushing it to give it a neater appearance

With my hair still damp, I decided to let it air dry, simply brushing it to give it a neater appearance. A final glance in the mirror and I felt ready to head downstairs. I grabbed my phone, room key, and headed to the reception, eager to discover the contents of the package Nika had sent.

Upon reaching the reception, I found the package waiting for me, wrapped in paper decorated with colorful ribbons. Joy overflowed in my chest as I carefully unwrapped the gift. Inside, I found a white UConn jersey, number 10, autographed by Nika, Paige, and almost all the other girls on the team, accompanied by a note. A wave of gratitude and emotion immediately enveloped me, and I felt immensely grateful to have someone like Nika in my life.

Dear Olie,

I'm so excited for today's game!

I can't wait to step onto the court and see you wearing my Jersey.

I hope this gift brings a smile to your face. It was thought of with so much care, just like every moment we share together.

As you open this package, know that I'm thinking of you and that your support means everything to me. I can't wait to see you in the stands, cheering with every play, showing your support.

You're amazing, Olivia, and even though we're physically apart during the game, I know I'll be able to feel you by my side.

Know that I'll be giving my all for both of us, with all my strength and dedication.

With love, Nika Mühl.