Chapter 17 - Madison Square Garden

I just wanted to let you know that next week there won't be any updates. I'll be traveling because of some games away, and when I come back, I have two biochemistry exams to take... So I'll see all of you in a week!

XOXO

On the morning after the Draft, New York seemed to pulse with life. Early April brought with it mild weather, a perfect contrast between the lingering chill of winter and the first signs of a promising spring. The sky was clear, a deep blue, and the breeze passing through the skyscrapers was fresh, but no longer cold.

Nika and I woke up early, still intoxicated by the excitement of the previous night. After all, Amelia had been chosen by the Connecticut Sun and Emily by the New York Liberty, both in the first round. The euphoria of those moments still hung in the air as we prepared for a morning stroll in Central Park.

"My love..." I called out to Nika, who was in the bathroom, using the mirror to finish her makeup.

"Yes, ljubav?" she replied, setting the mascara aside to look my way without risking smudging it.

"Can I borrow one of your shirts?" I asked, pointing to the open black suitcase on the armchair.

"Of course, you can choose whichever one you like." I thanked her, blowing a kiss towards the Croatian who had returned her focus to applying mascara.

I ended up choosing an oversized white t-shirt with some green writing on the front, pairing it with black Skims shorts and a black baseball cap.

@noliviabennett25 - instagram story

Nika opted for a matching set of gray sweatpants and a sports bra, finishing with a denim jacket casually thrown over

@nika.muhl - instagram story 

When we arrived at the park, the sun was starting to warm the atmosphere lightly, making the leaves on the trees shine with a vibrant green hue

When we arrived at the park, the sun was starting to warm the atmosphere lightly, making the leaves on the trees shine with a vibrant green hue. We decided to rent bicycles near the main entrance, laughing at our awkward attempts to adjust the helmets. Nika, always with her easy laughter, had a way of making my problems disappear.