thirty.

August 27, 2016

August 27, 2016

"What's the plan for today?" Harry asks as he watches me brush my hair through the doorway from my bedroom into the en-suite.

I shrug. "I don't think there is one. My mom hasn't mentioned anything, so I think just a chill day here at the house. Unless you had something in mind?" I offer.

The last week has been booked and busy for us. Mom has been so excited to have us, mostly Harry if we're being honest, in town and has been carting us around to everything she can think of. We've been to dinners with extended family, the spa, boating on the lake, walking through downtown to window shop, and visiting the zoo. Basically, we've done every public activity available here in Charleston.

He shakes his head. "A day in is exactly what I was hoping for." He stands up from the foot of the bed and walks closer to the bathroom, where I still stand in front of the mirror. He crosses his arms and leans against the door frame as I apply my morning skincare.

"Has my mom worn you out?" I ask with a knowing grin.

"Not at all, actually." He smiles. "But I've been absolutely dying to write something with you and your brothers." He admits.

I roll my eyes. "You say that, but I think you're romanticizing it in your head. The three of us are a hot mess," I warn him.

"Oh, I'm well aware." He grins. "I listened to you three write Anna. It was highly entertaining. And I'm aspiring to be the honorary fourth Rowland child; you're kind of my foot in the door." He winks.

Was that an insinuation to...marriage? Or am I just reading too far into what he just said?

"Oh please, my mom has been inducting you into the club since we arrived. I'm pretty sure she already considers you her own." I smile, fairly certain my mother has developed a small crush on him.

"She's the best. I love your mom. I'm so glad you let me come here with you." He says, coming closer and pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

"While I finish getting ready, why don't you head upstairs and see if breakfast is ready? I think my dad said he was cooking this morning." I suggest. "And if Trey and Mitch are up, see if they've got any plans or if they'd be up for writing."

"On it," he agrees, heading out the bedroom door, but not before stealing a quick kiss. "Don't take too long, pretty girl." He calls out behind him.

Could he get any more perfect?

I quickly finish getting ready, finally rid of my biggest distraction. Although I enjoy the company, I can't focus on anything when he's staring at me like that. I do minimal makeup. I don't typically wear it, but pregnancy is not doing wonders for my skin. I also change out of my pajamas—Harry's t-shirt and blue pinstriped boxer shorts—and pull on a stretchy, flowy dress since that's all that fits comfortably these days. I live in dresses now.