Rewrite: Chapter 4

You proceeded to spend the entirety of the next school day thinking about how to ask for his number without making it seem awkward. You were thinking so intently that you were barely paying attention to  the discussion until your literature teacher called you.

"Takashi, what do you think?" Dr. Pullistaa said looking at you, giving you the 'I know you weren't paying attention so admit it' look. Too bad for him because you had a friend that had his class earlier today so you knew exactly what the conversation was about. Combine that with your skill of multitasking and boom, you were able to avoid an awkward situation. 

"I think he could've made better choices if the situation allowed for him to stop and think. However, in that moment, he had to make the best choice out of the ones that popped right into his head. In that case, he wasn't wrong."

Dr. Pullistaa was very surprised that you were able to give an answer because he knew your focus was not in the classroom. 

"I like that answer, what do you think Amulet?"

As the day dragged on, you created a list of ways to ask him out and then choose your approach. Since you didn't have lab today (meaning you had time to get to the club room early) you decided to go help set up and see if you could create a situation where it was just you and Kyoya in the room so even if you did end up embarrassing yourself, it was in front of one person and not the whole group. 

As you walked into the Music Room #3, you realized that this was going to be easier than you thought it would be because there was only one person sitting in the room, writing intently inside a familiar black notebook. So you went up to him. 

"Um, Kyoya-san, I want to stay in touch with you for planning purposes. If I have your number, I can talk with you about what to make ahead of time so we can get the supplies. Can I get it?" you said nervously, you really hoped it didn't come off wrong

"You don't have to explain anything, if you want my number just ask," Kyoya replied with a straight face as he pulled out his phone, "Here, add yourself"

"OK" You weren't really sure if you expressed your point, he looked and sounded serious but what he said was something a normal person would say with a smirk in a joking tone. You put in your number and was entering your name when he took the phone from you.

"I can do that, for now, go get the things you made yesterday, and then come help me set up."

"Can't we just hire someone to set the room up?"

"Do you plan on donating to our funds?"

"I see... I'll go get the cakes," You said making a mental note to find recipes that were good but made as cheaply as possible. 

As you walk into the kitchen, you start thinking about how many desert stands you would need. Does Mori-Onii and Honey-Onii need one each or one combined? Tamaki-san definitely needs one. Does Kyoya-san need one? Finally, you decide to settle on three, one for your two brothers, one for Tamaki and one for Kyoya. You put cupcakes, slices of the black forest cake, and some store-bought cookies on them before taking two and walking out. Inside music room three, Kyoya had started with the props. 

(At this point in this, they do not have the funding to go too far yet)

You put down the stands and were turning to get the third one when Kyoya called to you. 

"(y/n), hold this so I can tape it, will you?"

"Coming," you said running over, taking the chance to recharge your energy by brushing against his hand. You were happy when he didn't say anything about it, the contact should've eased his body but you couldn't be sure. 

After helping with the props around the room, you begin to set up the table as Kyoya and the other boys go to get changed into elf costumes. 

Then, you heard the hallway getting noisy.

"(y/n)-san are you done?" Kyoya said walking out of the changing room

"One more table," You reply

"Are the rest of you dressed?" Kyoya shouted at the others, mainly Tamaki since he was the only one still in the changing room.

"Yes Mother!" Takashi responded. You were surprised by this and allowed yourself to laugh, immediately stopping yourself after seeing the complicated expression on Kyoya's face. 

"Ok, Done. Kyoya-san, door!"

And then a sea of yellow flowed in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 772

A/N: I just noticed that in Ouran High School Host Club, the names were already conveniently flipped... So the family name is Morinozuka... I'm going to stick to what I already have though, I apologize to readers who find that uncomfortable, the version that I posted on Archive of Our Own had the naming right.

Also, I'm not sure if it is wrong for me to do this, but when I'm reading I always forget to vote. So this is a reminder that if you liked the chapter, remember to hit the star in the top right corner with "vote" next to it, I would be eternally grateful.