Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event - Battle of Ideals-

Leave a vote if you enjoyed.

Scene opens up with Naruto charging at Todo who threw a right hook, but Naruto deflected it away before hitting Todo in the face with a straight left, clearly showing off how much he's adapting to his attacks.

Todo: [ When I throw my right horizontal punch, he immediately sends a left vertical jab! Naruto wasn't moving like this before! He's Improving! By Devouring me!]

Naruto then grabs Todo's head and his wrist before throwing him on the ground, but Todo was simply smiling proudly at this whole thing.

Todo: [ What a beautiful way to knock me down!]

Naruto immediately stand over him before going in for a strike with Divergent fist again.

Naruto: [ He's wide open! I can land it! Even with Divergent fist!] 

Todo: [ However!] 

Suddenly, Todo suddenly regains his balance and stops Naruto's momentum by blocking Divergent Fist with his forehead, Naruto's eyes widened in shock that he stopped him so easy as if it was nothing.

Naruto: [ He blocked it with his forehead before it could reach its full speed!?]

Todo stands back up and tosses Naruto's hand away before explaining.

Todo: That's not what I want you to devour right now? Your Divergent Fist. is created by your cursed energy lagging behind your superhuman physical prowess. When it normally would never lag. It's a tricky move. Your average sorcerer wouldn't know what happened, and they'd be left disoriented. It carries plenty of force, too. For opponents on that level, at least! But it won't work on special-grades. 

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise at what he said before he looks at his hand.

Todo: What will you do, Best friend?

Naruto thinks for a moment before he speaks.

Naruto: Imbue my full strength with cursed energy at the right moment. 

Todo: Good! So then why is your cursed energy lagging? It's because you're channeling it! 

Naruto tilts his head in confusion at what he said. 

Naruto: Huh? I thought we were talking about channeling it faster... 

Todo: We channel cursed energy. Many sorcerers do it consciously. "My stomach's full of rage." "The blood's boiling in my gut." The theory is that cursed energy extracted from such negative emotions starts to navel and is channeled throughout the body. They say it flows from the navel to the chest, then the shoulders, the arms, and finally the fists, But this perception of the body as individual parts is what delays cursed energy. The idea of channeling cursed energy isn't wrong in itself. You can't let yourself remain too trapped by that concept. The better the sorcerer, the harder it is to read the flow of their cursed energy. For a different reason from why yours is.

Todo points at Naruto who was slowly taking what he said to heart. 

Todo: Do we think with our guts? Do we express anger with our heads? Listen to me, Naruto. We exist in this world with our entire mind, body, and soul as one whole. It's such a given that everyone forgets about it. 

Naruto looks down pondering those words before he smiles genuinely and says.

Naruto: Thanks, Todo. Now, I think it's time we get down to the real fight.

Naruto then gets surrounded by Cursed energy, but it was much more calmer than before. Todo grinned before his own cursed energy flared up and surrounds his body.