Chapter 61 Starfall

<Walls of Paris>

A cavalry consisted of horses. That was common knowledge but to Valkyries who fought with divine power horses were too slow. In fact, the average human, while unable to match a horse's speed, can far outstrip one in endurance. Provided that both parties were trained and that the horse breeds were of common blood. The Schariac horses are examples of horses that can match the speed of average Valkyries. Adrienne's cavalry had no horses and her Valkyries were far from average. A tsunami of dust was left in their wake. A stampede of unstoppable wild power shot towards the oncoming horde.

"CHARGE!"

Adrienne's brutal cry sounded, and her Valkyries accelerated in response. Thunderous steps drowned out the cries of Honkai beasts. The lower-class beast disintegrated on contact with their lances as their unstoppable momentum, coned around Adrienne. She carved a path with might alone and with a savage cry she eviscerated the Emperor Class beasts before her. A slow immobile bull the size of two houses, just like the one Frederic had slaughtered. She worked up a good sweat. Her new lance neon pink glow faded, hiding her expenditure.

"RALLY! RIGHT!"

They rushed past more Honkai Beasts, too nimble to be caught. Now they stood behind the horde and from the wall a thousand Honkai-infused arrows fell. It was different than before, weaponry had advanced so unnaturally in the last few years. Whispers of the legendary designer's return had reached all ears, including Cain's. Only one knew his identity while others could only speculate. Who he was didn't matter, he had accomplished great things that benefited all.

"CIRCLE RIGHT!"

Adrienne observed the battleground with her keen eyes. Her Valkyries had taken out one emperor beast and around one hundred fifty low-class beasts. The arrows had killed twenty of the Seraph Class beasts, fliers but they injured quite a few. A section of the horde led by an Emperor Class beast the size of a house with forearms as thick as two trees chased after Frederick. It was nimble could she provide support? Yes, the last emperor class beasts drifted high above aimlessly wandering back and forth. It didn't seem to care for instinct, how strange.

"LOW TROT!"

They gathered their energy, the low-class beasts ready to engage with the infantry. Soldiers donning better armor and weapons fought side by side with the normal Valkyries. How many charges and loops could she fit in? Seven? Six? Taking fifty beasts each time would be ideal. With the arrow volley, they could take down twenty more.

"READY! CHARGE!"

To say the loops were successful would be an understatement. Instead of seven times, they looped eight times, instead of seventy kills per charge, a hundred kills were achieved. A combination of the new equipment and improved training was the result. That was the explanation, zero casualties but the beasts were too docile. Weaker than normal, around two hundred Honkai beasts were left.

"CHARGE!"

Frederick looked up to see Adrienne and her Valkyries run their lances into the Emperor Class Beast he was stalling. It was injured but still alive, the momentum of a jump and the charging of a lance was responsible for easily dispatching the first two. Frederick somersaulted over the nudge of a head of the third Emperor class's beast head. A few quick brandishes of his sword finished it off. There were only a hundred beasts left. A few Templar class beasts and that Emperor Class beasts almost too high to make out.

"Freddie there's something off. The beasts are as sporadic, as chaotic as they should be. Aren't they organized and passive?"

Frederick didn't think so but to his credit, he kept the attention of an Emperor Class beast while being shaken from his jump. His ears still rang but he could gather himself.